Favorite female vocalist bands

Not quite, Nene was an official member of the group and all that. The female backing vocalists for the GazettE are not.

I think my favorite female singer of all time has to be Janis Joplin, but when it comes to Jrock, Necry Talkie’s vocalist is pretty neat. I like how her voice has a bright and almost childlike vibe to it.

3 Likes

I’m going to bend the rules again with Soko ni Naru.

4 Likes

So glad to hear that, I hope you like them!default_9

5 Likes

Okay yes :rofl:

Some new wave/goth rock/post punk:

Female-fronted:
fiction/GILLE’ LOVES (LUCI’FER LUSCIOUS has been mentioned here, I love her to death)

G-SCHMITT

All-female:
Bárbara

水玉消防団

5 Likes

Clothoid÷Doll was so cool! :black_heart:

1 Like

This popped up in my youtube recommendations back in Nov/Dec, loved this but haven’t taken the time to look into them more

I found Oreskaband through some anime themes they made back in the day, apparently they’re still active which makes me super happy.

2 Likes

Yumi Uchimura :heart:

Also, not one of my fav vocalists but Satoko Shibata deserves more credit:

1 Like

I think she was one of my first female vocalisr that I liked^^ The band itself, just splendid!

1 Like

hybrid zombies were legit, but they barely released anything:

no shade but i remember that weeb VK band from n̶o̶r̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶ switzerland mh was shitting on recently with a dyke vocalist and an idol mascot or w/e and they did vk better than good sisters 少女S

3 Likes

Necro Circus, Licker, D*G and existtrace are the VK ones I know and I love them, I will check the other ones out!

Here are other ones (not VK tho):

Aural Vampire

Kalafina

WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA

and of course…

BABYMETAL

8 Likes

well im not going to bother posting links to songs since my favorites have already been mentioned here :joy: but fiction/gille’ loves/luci’fer luscious violenoue, Danger gang, exist trace, and aural vampire I also enjoyed decola hopping as well.

1 Like

I love Kalafina~ <3 The vocals and music are so good!

1 Like

Not sure about how VK these bands are (at least Unlucky Morpheus could be ?) but I am all about belting in rock and heavy metal, and these Japanese chicks do a real damn good job:

Fuki - Unlucky Morpheus, Fuki Commune, etc.

Maiko - DazzleVision

Minami

Basically the main reason to return weekly to the dumpster fire that was Domestic Kanojo.
She needs to put out MORE music

Shizuku - Polkadot Stingray

Definitely a guilty pleasure.

Sayuri

2 Likes

MARKET SHOP STORE

they’re not vkei but i wonder how many of y’all would like BiS or BiSH - imho they take a lot of influence from the scene, & both groups have played shows w/ Ruka’s band LSN

1 Like
1 Like