Favorite female vocalist bands

speaking of bish lol, was just about to link to a literal powerhouse :eyes: I’m surprised she (or bish in general ig) hasn’t come up yet tbh before @rsm_rain

3 Likes

omg i had no idea this existed
thank you for showing me!!

1 Like

it just came out to promote her solo album that’s coming out next month! glad you enjoy it tho, she’s such a talented vocalist :scream::scream:

1 Like

um, may I say, Nakka?

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nakka/3540365431

(I don’t have a proxy now so I can’t post youtube links sorry…)

Band Maid
Dazzle vision
Uplift Spice
KAREN

2 Likes

Even though I´m not a fan of their previous two albums, I still dig Mary´s Blood.

I haven’t seen these mentioned here, so

Magistina Saga

Kaoru (馨) 's currently inactive band, SICth…

…and solo project Unknown Dear Forest

My favorite female vocalist is Fuki from Unlucky Morpheus. Here’s an example song.

3 Likes

Sleep slope

Full female fronted Japanese underground band
Cool music

We can bend rules to the extreme and say Maximum the Hormone.

Foreground eclipse

1 Like

Because the previous mention of dazzle vision was smol and I had to scroll through 3 times to notice it

4 Likes

I love some of this bands stuff. They have some weird tracks for my taste.

Well, pop rock is technically rock, right? I love SCANDAL and I feel like they’re the Nickelback of jrock but lol also, Tomoko Kawase in The Brilliant Green and chelly from EGOIST and more recently Suis from Yorushika too (I guess Suis is on the way to become the next jrock Nickelback then? lovely).

To a lesser extent of being a “fan”, more recently Uso to Chameleon and Ryokuoushoku Shakai are growing on me. Also, Kinoko Teikoku was good. Surprisingly nobody has mentioned Tokyo Jihen or Ringo Shiina I think? Not my top 5 but I like her too. Seconding Akira from Disacode, Yousei Teikoku and Suiyoubi no Campanella but particularly Polkadot Stingray too.

For solo singers other than Sayuri herself whom I love … Yui and Aimer if they’re ever regarded as rock singers I guess (…truth be told I have a long-time bias for KOKOMI and Kanako Itou too, so).

… This topic made me realize I probably care about female vocals more than male vocals, uh. Even for male vocalists I seem to prefer the higher pitched ones? huh.

Lovebites

2 Likes

Hmmm…

Back in the days they were my favs
7oops!!

GIRLS DEAD MONSTER (Anime band from Angel Beats starring LiSA on vocals)

DecoLa Hopping

edit, forgot them: RAMPANT

2 Likes

Don’t forget Byakura. They were great.

4 Likes

I really wish this band released more, I personally feel like they had a lot of potential. I also like how the vocalist nagi sounds

4 Likes