Favourite groups from your homeland

𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓲𝓭
𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹

𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
𝑅𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹

。✩ :ribbon: 𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 (𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹) :ribbon: ✩。

t͠h̕įs̵ i̸s͏ n̷o͝t͡ ē̯̮̟͍̪͖̈́́n̙̤̳̞̭ͥ͑̄͘ȯ̧̖͓o̞̺͚͇ͣ͊ͨ͠o͑̿͗̇ͥ͒̌o̫̺͋ͮó̆ͧ̿͋u͍̱͈̰̤̪̝ͬ̽̂ͬͅg͍̰ͫ̈́͋͂̎ͭh̬̻̘̘̫͇̹̞͂ͤh̹̙̖͊͌̅ͯ͐̃ͯͅh͇͓̉͑ͩh͈̱̬̙̹ͣ̊̒̎̌̐̀ͅh̫̲̏ͯ̌ͣͭ

(sung in Yulia’s old lips)

6 Likes

am i going to get thrown into the south china sea if i choose mainland artists instead of ones from hk?

it’s just…
there isn’t a single good song from hong kong.

ah fuck it here’s obligatory beyond

ok so a few fun songs from the middle kingdom

2 Likes

I’m Dutch, and I live in Amsterdam. From the same city we had a metalcore band called The Charm The Fury. They disbanded I think like 3 years ago unfortunately.

Fun fact: The guitarist plays on one of the first Aristides guitars in this clip which was at that time still a very small Dutch guitar building company. Nowadays they are slowly taking over the market in the metal scene on an international scale.

And as a bonus and something that is far from metal: De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig (something like “the kids from nowadays”). They don’t take themselves too seriously.

2 Likes

this cats :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: the song is pretty charming too.
the female singer from the other group has some nice screams

1 Like

生 Conform 死 is the only Australian band I can think of right now that I like.

I do also enjoy the occasional Midnight Oil song:

Oh, not a group but I adore this song by Baker Boy:

‘Marryuna’ means to dance freely without shame, and it’s just a fun song. Yirrmal’s voice complements it so nicely. :smiley:

1 Like

This is a Metal band from my country that I really like.

1 Like

Quite more then I though lol

1 Like

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

(Would be more accurate for me to post La Dispute or The Black Dahlia Murder, but America is America)

3 Likes

I don’t listen to a lot of music from my country because most of the songs are pop and the lyrics are about money, sluts, cars and drugs, but there are a few artists I listen from time to time. Fortunately, they have good lyrics.

This song is obout the path that each person chooses for himself.

He sings about the coming of the democracy, technology and the iconomic and political crisis in 90s, but he also uses irony and very crude metaphors.

Aaaand after these serious lyrics these sing about green aliens and the name of the song translated is
‘‘they are green’’.

2 Likes

Wow, so many fellow Germans lol

1 Like
1 Like

The best artist Austria ever had, after Mozart of course. Probably also the last Austrian musician who became famous beyond country borders.

I honestly don’t know many local bands, because our music scene kinda sucks (especially when compared to Germany)… we have way too much Schlager and Gangster Rap, Metal barely exists and most indie and “Punk” stuff is terribly generic and stuck in the past.

I do however like these.

Ok, turns out there are a few.

2 Likes

Some sick Hungarian tunes for y’all.

Padkarosda (punk/post-punk/deathrock)

Exterminating Angel (metallic hardcore)

Gravecrusher (old-school death metal)

Mörbid Carnage (old-school thrash metal)

Man, Na zare is hands down one of the 10 best tracks ever written. No cap!

1 Like

Alexisonfire

Jakalope

wintersleep

Hey Rosetta!

Dragonette

Metric

Grimes

1 Like

I’m not extremely familiar with the Polish music scene, but we got some more popular metal artists that I come back to ocasionally:

Behemoth

Vader

Mgła

Furia

That one progressive rock band that deserves more attention:

Riverside

A band whose album is generally regarded as one of the best in coldwave:

Siekiera

And some new wave/post-punk as well:

Maanam

Republika

4 Likes

Not a group, but this is Pabllo Vittar, a brazilian drag queen that got really popular worldwide.
It’s crazy to think that a man wearing a wig got so popular in such a homophobic country, I’m so proud!

This is a live performance she did for cellebrating her debut 5th anniversary

4 Likes

I forgot Three Days Grace

3 Likes

Not a group but Mike Patton I think is the best musician from my country and one of the best of Earth.

1 Like

Lately I fell in love with an old group from when/before I was born, Matia Bazar (before 90’s).

Their signature piece:

More good stuff:

2 Likes