Groups or artists that you have an irrational dislike or hatred of?

oh…

2 Likes

Can’t deal wth POIDOL is trash :rofl: :ok_hand: :put_litter_in_its_place:

1 Like

I feel irrational indifference toward Gazette, hide, X Japan, and Diru (everything after MOAB in particular). Also Miyavi.

4 Likes

I dont truly hate any artist as thats a really strong word lol, but I don’t like Miyavi that much he was cool as miyabi in due le quartz but his solo stuff is MEH I tried to get into it but never could theres only maybe two songs I found myself enjoying maybe the main issue is im not fond of his voice… I am going to sound like a hipster for saying this but I also pretty much dislike the bands that are “popular” in the current scene, I have found some 2010s vkei groups that I like but most of them are less hyped over I find the bands that people go crazy over these days are the ones with the djent or deathcore inspired sound which I strongly dislike

4 Likes

I hate such groups as One OK Rock
for me they feel like a comercial rock band with no soul at all. (maybe I could better judge them if I would listen to more of there music, but why should I?)

12 Likes

Eh, I think it really depends on the song with ONE OK ROCK. I only really know 2 songs of theirs, and one is a fairly generic American radio rock-sounding song, but this one probably has more “soul” to it than most contemporary VK, tbh.

2 Likes

Not dislike per se but I am hugely indifferent to OOR as well as Gazette … and wouldn’t say my dislike of some bands is irrational at all, not into the darker metal side of things

As far as irrational dislike goes - at this point I don’t know what did they do to me and barely remember what they sound like but when I think “a vk band I dislike” Mamireta often comes to mind lol. No idea if they’re still around, but I just listened to that “ojamashimasu” song for 5 seconds trying to remember why I dislike them and my smile is gone

1 Like

Mamireta disbanded already

1 Like

second this. I can’t stand One OK Rock, but I do like other similarly popular bands like Radwimps, Bump of Chicken, or Kanaboon. I feel like they have some unique songs.

Miyavi as well. Talented but the cornball “asian boy funk/blues” is unlistenable.

A9 and An Cafe’s later stuff is awful but the first mini albums were good, especially A9’s.

mostly keeping it to VK, I could go on all day with normal j-rock like Bz or whatever

2 Likes

Their “mediocre” b-sides are way better than a lot of other bands lead songs. It’s also ridiculous when someone says that they have similar songs. It’s maybe first band whose songs I never confused when started listen to. Lime write songs alone and I don’t know another composer who can write so many, different and unique melodies, which don’t remind about a lot of other’s songs. He also really great vocalist, one of a few. Band has crushing energy in live. Absolutely best band at last decade. It’s even offensive when they compared to someone like Mejibray or Dimlim.

1 Like

閃靈樂團

Although it is my own country, it just doesn’t sound good. Writing those lyrics, playing handsome for the sake of being handsome, is of no value at all.

1 Like

Yoshiki. He’s always riding the coattails of his band’s past success without creating anything of value in the past 30 years. All the while rubbing shoulders with celebrities who I equally hate. Plus, he looks like an auntie.

6 Likes

I never understood the Yoshiki hate tbh

4 Likes

the gazette. their music isn’t even that bad or anything - it’s just that ever since i was like 12 i’ve felt that way. reita show your nose challenge or something like that

3 Likes

mannn leave reita and his nose alone lolol isnt he insecure or something? i think its the same as when a member of a band wears face paint. its just their signature

4 Likes

don’t get me wrong reita is iconic for having that be his signature thing all these years - it’s just an irrational dislike :woozy_face:

Don’t want to burst your KIZU fan boy bubble but Lime isn’t the second coming of Visual Kei Jesus. It’s been almost 6 years and Lime couldn’t piece together a cohesive full length.

As dumpster fire as DAMLAM was, they put their mark on the scene, staying in our hearts 'till the very end - and beyond :pray:t2:

Every oshare kei band ever

2 Likes

They could already realise at least two cool albums and some singles if they wanted. What for? What the difference? Songs become worse if they on single? We live in times of streaming. They choose smart strategy for beginning. For me who doesn’t like visual kei generally, Lime is really Jesus :grinning:

I’ve tried multiple times but I cannot vibe with MUCC no matter what era. :frowning:

7 Likes