HAZUKI

葉月 (Hazuki) starts his solo project called HAZUKI.

He now has an own homepage/fan club called -XANADU- (https://hazuki-xanadu.jp) and announced a concert with the name <HAZUKI 1ST ONEMAN NITE “NEO XANADU” -XANADU MEMBERS ONLY-> (March 30th, Shibuya Spotify O-EAST) which is exclusive for fan club members.

Barks says: Although he performed solo concerts under the name 葉月, this will be HAZUKI, so it’s…something completely different.
Weird that lynch. stopped activities because Hazuki said he couldn’t keep up with writing songs and now he’s writing songs?? to cope with that.

He’s currently live on Youtube talking about the project:

5 Likes

Afair, he had issue writing songs for Lynch since they had to fit the music style. Yusuke experienced the Same sentiment, that’s why he also started another band.

But writing for Hazuki was fine for him, since it’s completely different

4 Likes

Makes sense.
So we can hope for something that (like Yusuke’s project) sounds completely different from recent lynch.? I’m in!

This feels like he’s been sitting on tons of stuff that prolly doesn’t fit lynch.'s style, so I’m curious what kind of music he’ll release (if he’ll release anything new and not just have gigs with his previous solo material and covers).

2 Likes

Makes me wonder how much meddling the label did with their sound since they went major. Bands change sounds all the time so to say something “doesn’t sound like lynch” just screams “the label didn’t approve” to me.

Hopefully this means he’ll be writing some fresh new ideas!

4 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: HAZUKI 1st single “XANADU / HEROIN(E)” release

4 Likes

HOLY SHIT

talk about unexpected???

1 Like

ah no please don’t touch this song…

1 Like

If at least it makes new generations to (re)discover Pierrot…

1 Like

Amazing. This song is such a classic.

Yes I wish… it just I dont know why, but to me, the way he sings always makes every songs sound the same…

Not sure I quite like the arrangment or some of the processing they chose to do on the vocals, but at its core, his voice suits this song well. Just wish he had tackled it a little more head-on.

Has he ever mentioned being influenced by Pierrot/Kirito before?

its a great cover peerriooood (opinions will be ignored)

2 Likes
4 Likes

great cover, and a nice homage

Really liked this one! Seems like he shares a lot of covers through his Youtube account from time to time.

Amazing cover of Kuroyume’s “Juujika to no Tawamure”:

Live cover of BUCK-TICK’s “Miu”:

Cover of LUNA SEA’s “ROSIER” with Miya (MUCC), Hiroto (Alice Nine), and AKi (SID) :

Live cover of L’Arc’s “Shinshoku -lose control-”:

Live cover of Diru’s “ain’t afraid to die”:

Cover of hide’s “Beauty & Stupid”:

Covering L’Arc’s “Caress of Venus”:

3 Likes