H.U.G new album "HELIOS" release

11 Likes

Lovely song and video. This project is shaping up to be pretty good.

OMGGGGG AAAAA ryo is wonderful <3

Black and white look

1 Like

The song great. I guess i’ll wait for a live version to listen to it with a more natural sound.

1 Like

The song isn’t bad.

It’s unfortunate there’s so much compression. The drums especially are turned up to 11 for the entirety of the song. On top of that, the mix is busy and intricate, so with everything brickwalled, it all comes across as flat, lacking dynamics or space to breathe. It’s quite hard to listen to.

1 Like

Exactly my thinking. I’m surprised the band approved this. It’s been damage by trackmaker. I will never listen to this.

Omg I love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That was great!

it’s not bad but keel had a better balance of sound tbh

2 Likes

What does it mean balance of sound ?

I guess I just mean the music doesn’t suit ryo’s voice

I’m curious to know what you will think about the rest of the album, if you have same impression.

1 Like

The album is now available on multiple digital/streaming platforms~ :people_hugging:

2 Likes

up tomorrow following some streaming services :smiley:

When I click most of these, they appear unavailable. :frowning:

They are smart, in order to sell some CDs, they waited to end of the tour to put it online.

1 Like

I just saw them announcing it, so might be that it’s actually available from tomorrow or a bit later, depending on timezones I guess! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s all good. I waited a few days and now I can buy the album. Looking forward to it :smiley: Thanks for the head’s up.

1 Like

Got the album and I actually really like it. Maybe it’s just because I’ve been recently listening to NUL., but I feel like there’s some resemblance there. The electronic elements are heavy but not overdone.
I really enjoyed most of the tracks. Even “Love that Never Ends” is pretty good. It got dangerously close to screamo rap and I almost died, but then it changes up with some beautiful vocals.

Has anyone else checked it out yet?

Yeah, it was pretty solid I thought! This type of typical Karyu riffing mixed with the electronics and Ryo’s voice made me strangely nostalgic. None of the songs rly stood out to me (a bit bland overall imo), but it was fine.

1 Like