Kansai Rock Summit'24 Line Up

Kansai Rock Summit annouced their line up for 2024 on their Twitter account. It will be held at 7 locations in Osaka on May 18th.

Since I could only find the picture line up and some names are really hard to read, I wrote all bands down. (Please correct me if I got something wrong. I had to look up some of them :sweat_smile:)

I plan to attend if I get a ticket :slight_smile: anyone else?

Line 1

1. i.D.A
  2. Umbrella
  3. イクシア (IXIA)
  4. Kakumay
  5. 鐘ト銃声 (Kane to juusei)
  6. Kafca
  7. 我楽多 (Garakuta)

Line 2
8. Gallo (ギャロ)
9. 孔雀座 (QJACKTHE)
10. GrimAqua
11. Gertena
12. The Sound Bee HD
13. The Nostradamnz
14. Xanvala

Line 3
15. Shiva
16. 斜R -シャル- (ShaR)
17. 深淵 (Shinen?) (could not find anything about them so the reading is just my guess)
18. 進撃のあわけ (Shingeki no Awake)
19. Zeke Deux
20. Z CLEAR
21. Jigsaw (ジグソウ)
22.【2nd/A】Re:bellion (せかりべ)

Line 4
23. ZERA
24. DazzlingBad
25. DAMNED
26. 超ジャシー (Supper Jassy)
27. deva:ed
28. 東京インフェルノ(Tokyo INFERNO)
29. 透明少女 (Tomei Shojo)

Line 5
30. TRICKY
31. Ninth in Pluto
32. Nazare
33. NICOLAS
34. nurié
35. Neth Priere Cain
36. NAMELESS

Line 6
37. ドロシー
38. heidi.
39. ヒッチコック (Hitchcock)
40. ビバラッシュ (Vivarush)
41. for severe addicts only
42. BlacK TeaR
43. BabyKingdom
44. ホンモノ (Honmono)

Line 7
45. MATHILDA
46. ミスイ (MISUI)
47. Ms. EVA
48. yamitera
49. Rides In ReVellion
50. La’veil MizeriA
51. RAN

Line 8
52. Leetspeak Monsters
53. Lynoas
54. Libravel
55. リリカ (Lyrica)
56. ルルノネ (Rurunone)
57. Rengeki
58. Wada project

On the evening before the Event they will hold a smaller Event at Osaka Muse:

Line up:

ギャロ (Gallo)
ジグソウ (Jigsaw)
RAN
DazzlingBAD
ヒッチコック (Hitchcock)
東京インフェルノ(Tokyo INFERNO)
Z CLEAR

There will be a second pre evening event on the same day. Separat ticket purchase is necessary.

Line up:
BlacK TeaR
LIBRAVEL
GrimAqua
GERTENA
RENGEKI
LESSFEAR
✕○-バツマル- (Batsumaru)

More info on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/K_Rock_Summit

7 Likes

Honestly it would be a dream to actually attend one of these events.

3 Likes

Looking at this lineup almost makes one think this scene is alive and well

5 Likes

Last year was super fun, just booked my flights to go this year too. This time, I’ll be there for both the pre-show and the main festival (which it seems like I’ll need, to maximize who I want to see).

Festivals like this are a good starting point for planning Japan trips, just because they’re announced so far in advance and you can always count on them happening year to year barring sudden natural disasters (fingers crossed).

5 Likes

Funnily I didn’t know when this would be. I planned my trip before the annoucement. I will come to Osaka on May 16th. Perfect timing :laughing: honestly I nearly cried when I realized.

2 Likes

I am not even going, but I still had a look at how much I would have to run around to catch the bands I like lmfaoooo
First Leetspeak, then wait out Lyrica, then run for Kaneto bc why not, then back for Babykingdom

1 Like

So far I am only decided on one band. I want to see 100 %: Xanvala!

I would love to check out all 58 bands before the event :sweat_smile: so I can make the best decision.

How many bands will one be able to see at one day?5 to 10?

I wonder when they will post the schedule. I think the order on the flyer is just for names. Notice how all bands that start with N are in row 7?

1 Like

They just announced a second pre evening event line up for a second location. I edited it into the first post. :slight_smile:

Xanvala’s set was pretty good last year.

So the festival generally starts around 11:30-Noon (doors at 11 to pick up your wristband). There are six concert venues, and one venue for 40 minute Q&A sessions (the same place where you pick up your wristband and get official festival merch).

At most of the venues, bands generally play a 25 minute setlist, and the final band gets 30 minutes. BigCat is the exception, where every band gets at least 30 minutes. It’s also the biggest venue by far, so they tend to put the most popular bands there. If you’re planning on staying in one spot, bands typically have a 20 minute turn around.

I managed to catch 8 and a half bands (catching half of The Sound Bee HD while waiting for Zeke Deux) because I took an hour break to go have dinner at a Canadian restaurant that I found. I could have hypothetically seen up to 10 if I hurried and took no breaks.

Some of the trips between venues required me to jog a little, but I’d say that one could comfortably get from the two farthest venues in about 8-10 minutes. It’s all really in one neighbourhood (America-mura), which isn’t far at all from Dotonbori, if you feel like waiting until after the festival is done at 8 pm to go grab some infamous street food.

The last thing I’ll go over is in regards to the entry/Saizen reservation system. It was explained to me by a BigCat staff member that first entry of the day for all of the venues would be called based on ticket number, and all subsequent time slots are first come-first serve.

There are sign up sheets in several spaces of the Saizen, where a fan can put their name and ticket number down to reserve that spot for when their favourite band is playing. Of course, you would kind of need to do that very early in the day to ensure that your place would be held.

Any other questions, I’d be glad to answer.

4 Likes

Thank you for explaining some details. I figured the locations are very close to each other but did not know the other ponits. Very helpful! I have some more questions:

Do the tickets sell out early? I can get them relativly quick as I have a japanese friend who buys tickets for me. Will there be a ticket lottery in advance?

Is it really just one drink ticket for 600 yen or is this per locations? Overall the prices seem incredible fair for such a big event. I’d be lucky to get a ticket for one concerts here in germany for that price.

Will they sell merch from every band?

There is only one drink ticket required. I went through a proxy buyer myself, and I believe the general consensus is that if you get your name in during the Reception period you are good to go. I think that the ticket number draws are done randomly during this time. This was the only concert I attended with their own customized ticket, and they are mailed instead of printed at a Konbini.

As for merch, I saw some merch laid out for almost every band I saw. The Q&A venue had a couple of band’s merch as well. Mostly t-shirts, towels, cds, occasional DVDs, cheki, occasionally other things like armbands.

1 Like

At least for the pre shows I see tickets on e-plus and it says they can be smartphone-tickets, send via letter and printed at family-mart. A lot of options, thankfully. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the pre-show would be a bit different. Last time, I got my proxy buyer to mail the festival ticket to my hotel and that worked out well.

I plan on landing in Osaka on the 16th as well. Who knows, we may run into each other.

1 Like

I will come from Tokyo via train on the 16th. I will stay at Mr. Buys-Tickets-for-me place before coming to Osaka so should be no problem to send the ticket to his address.

1 Like

[Spotify]

So I compiled a playlist of almost all of the bands playing this year, using info from recent set lists that bands have been posting, or live DVDs. A few I had to guess at, but this should be a fairly accurate representation of what the bands may play.

4 Likes

Oh that’s cool. I made seperate playlists for each band so I can get an idea if I like their overall sound.

Will surely have a look at your list to see what to exspect from the bands who I liked. :slight_smile:

UPDATE
One more band was added to the line up of the pre evening event at panhead groove:

UtsuGIno (鬱ギ乃)

https://twitter.com/K_Rock_Summit/status/1750491359361049025

Eeh, still not changing my mind. The Gallo ftw.

UPDATE:

4 more bands/artists joined the main event:

Deathpair
Black Grow Berry
Mosaic
音鬼ノ哮 (Otooninotakeri)

And there will be an addional event on sunday (May 19th)

Line up:
BlacK TeaR
ジグソウ (Jigsaw)
RAN
mosaic
鬱ギ乃 (UtsuGIno)

1 Like

Got my tickets today (all tickets can be bought via e-plus) and have checked out 40 of 65 bands/artists.

Xanvala are still my favorites but I also enjoyed i.D.A, Kakumay, QJACKTHE, Z Clear, Rides In ReVellion and Libravel, Garakuta and most of all Jigsaw!

2 Likes