KISAKI 30th anniversary 3 albums release

In celebration of his 30th anniversary of band activities, KISAKI has announced 3 (!!!) new albums with a whole variety of legendary artists! :sparkles:

“Providence” will be released on 4/26

[lineup]
V. Sono (苑) [MATENROU OPERA (摩天楼オペラ)]
V. TAKA [defspiral]
V. Shiina Hikari (椎名ひかり) (ぴかりん (Pikarin) (idol singer))
V. AKIRA [MIRAGE, RENAME]
G. SAKI [NEMOPHILA, Mary’s Blood]
G. JUN [GOTCHAROCKA, ex-Phantasmagoria]
G. HIZAKI [Versailles, Jupiter]
G. Minato Iori (源 依織) [Phobia, ex- SIVA]
D. Moritani Ryota (森谷亮太)

“Afterglow” will be released on 5/24

[lineup]
V. Danchou (団長) [NoGoD]
V. ryo [HOLLOWGRAM, DÄLLE, H.U.G, ex- GULLET~9GOATS BLACK OUT]
V. D13 [Leetspeak monsters]
V. HAL [FEST VAINQUEUR]
V. Kondo Aoi (近藤葵) [ex-Zipang~Velvet Spider, etc.]
V. AKIRA [MIRAGE, RENAME]
G. SYU [GALNERYUS]
G. SAKI [NEMOPHILA, Mary’s Blood]
G. Ruiza [D, ex-Syndrome]
G. HIZAKI [Versailles, Jupiter]
G. Sena [JILUKA]
G. MASATO [defspiral]
G. Yo’shmeer [Leetspeak monsters]
G. Iyoda Kohei [NoGoD, ANCIENT MYTH, etc.]
G. Masha [Silex, etc.]
Piano. Ochizu (おちず) [THE SHEGLAPES]
D. Moritani Ryota (森谷亮太)

“Preuve d’etre” will be released on 6/21; lineup has yet to be announced.

If you purchase all 3 albums from Lorelei webshop and show proof of purchase, you can also get a bonus CD, “Another Image” which features 2 tracks.

6 Likes

Crazy. Honestly no Satsuki or Sui then I don’t care. Waiting to see what the third lineup is though, pretty cool Sena is involved.

1 Like

With the idol singer and Danchou and some other clowns being involved, this is a miss for me.

As for the other vocalists not being involved, including Riku, Kisaki’s already burned their bridges.

2 Likes

Sono and Danchou, then Ruiza and Hizaki being involved are huge props for me, I’ll definitely be checking these out if I can. Though I gotta agree I cannot BELIEVE this man is still … around.

1 Like

ryo???Oh gosh im SOLD!!!

I’m actually a little interested in this. Collaborations across eras of visual kei, genres of music, and even the musical acts themselves will lead to interesting things both for this CD and down the road. Kisaki made his name from the absolute magic he worked with UCP - he gave visual kei bands a chance when no one else would. We would not have bands like 12012, CindyKate, NEGA, Anjyu, Suzaku, hurts, Lamina, Pashya, brodiaea, Phantasmagoria, and Arc without the ability for him to connect people to the resources they need in an efficient manner. This is even paying dividends down the road: no Phantasmagoria means no chariots, no brodiaea means no Realies and Synside, no NEGA means no THE BLACK SWAN or ARTiCLEAR…these connections are important and still bearing fruit today.

Forget the idol feature or the fact that not every legendary artist is here. I don’t let good become the enemy of perfect. Who else besides Yoshiki could pull all these people together and create something, anything? And admittedly, this is probably the most refreshing and original thing I’ve seen him do in years, since Lin -the end of corruption world-, so I can’t be mad if he ends up covering old Phantasmagoria/Lin songs with a new variety of talent. In fact, that might come out quite interesting.

And at the risk of sounding like an asshole, I think it’s a good thing that he’s willing to reach across these divides and get new visual kei fans into both old visual kei and visual-adjacent artists. He’s building roads into Matina-era visual kei, idol metal, and Japanese power metal at the same time. That’s impressive, even if you don’t care. The mental barrier of “visual kei versus other Japanese music” needs to be torn down if visual kei is to integrate new influences, adapt, and survive. It’s all Japanese music; there shouldn’t be musical apartheid based on how Super Saiyan the band looks. It’s partially why as a scene we lose so many fans to K-Pop, but that’s a completely different topic and I don’t want to go on a tangent.

This is good. This is one of the most exciting projects to be announced for 2023, and in true Kisaki fashion there’s a stretch goal at the end of it. Gives me shades of the excitement I had for announcements from the boom, ngl. And I’m not even a Kisaki fan. I’m just reading the situation…

15 Likes

not sure what to think of this yet but curious about whatever track(s) have ryo and sono on vocals. i want hisui involvement for me to really care tbh

1 Like

Brutal lineup! Also worth to mention that the announcement says that these will include both new tracks and re-recorded old tracks. I’m curious to see what material he will choose from (hopefully a wide range of his past bands).

2 Likes

Let’s see if the boys on DEG are willing to let him rerecord la:sadie tracks :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

7 Likes

I’d be interested to know who owns the rights. I’m guessing Kyo since he formed the band.

2 Likes

I wonder if this will ever come to Spotify, Mirage is there and some Phantasmagoria releases so fingers crossed.

Saki, huh? I guess you can expect some good guitar work.

Considering that everything but Lu:Ciel is confirmed to be released independently (I think @yukina can confirm anything regarding labels in the booklet), I don’t see why he just couldn’t cover them? He doesn’t need permission to cover any songs, and those songs are so old I doubt Dir en grey are claiming them (still praying for Setsudan/Furan Yue ni…/GARDEN triple B-side cover…a man can dream right?). It’d be pretty interesting to see them reinterpreted and updated by different people too!

1 Like

Interesting lineup, with 3 discs I’m sure they’ll be a stack of great stuff mixed in there

Is it safe to say that YOSHIKI and KISAKI are the two most important and influential people in modern day Visual Kei? :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Well… as controversial as they might be (KISAKI especially since he was allegedly a f’in CRIMINAL) its kinda true. Same goes for Issei and Cazqui.

1 Like

kisaki is going to milk that to filth on the lorelei webshop, i highly highly doubt it

2 Likes

True! but a girl can dream ;(

1 Like

Shocked to see this caliber of guests lol, good for kisaki I will be tuning into this album :confused:

1 Like

that’s how major labels operates over there, you don’t need drug charges to get cancelled and black listed if you remember how we lost jinkaku radio after they signed a major contract.

I don’t follow anime music, but that bloke is probably welcome to slap on a wig or quietly ghostwrite for our jisatsusuru darlings.

1 Like