Kou's Art and Writing

Hey guys~ I’ve been working on some drawing and writing lately, and thought maybe I’d try to brave my shyness and share my artworks here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m primarily a digital artist, and I use Clip Studio Paint and a Huion Pro 13 Display tablet for drawing.

I randomly got a huge wave of inspiration and created a new character for the first time in forever. So I created Ryuusuke/Ryu. He was supposed to be more of a yakuza world character, but somehow the band side ended up more interesting to me.
I decided to draw him both as casual/off-stage and how he’d look on-stage or for photoshoots:

I swear he reminds me of someone but I haven’t figured out who yet…
If you would like to read and learn more about him, you can read his in-depth profile here: Ryuusuke profile - JustPaste.it
I also wrote a quick one-off story of one of his band’s concerts here: Nagoya Black Cat - JustPaste.it

Hopefully you enjoy it! I haven’t written anything in a long time so I was super stoked to finish a new piece.

(Side note: if anyone knows better sites for saving and sharing things like stories, please let me know!)

My current WIP is also another OC, but a quite old one from an old Livejournal community RP project called kabuki arc. His name is Makoto:

Drawing and painting his tattoos are gonna be the death of me.

Last piece of art I finished before all this was a piece of Resident Evil 2 Remake fanart of Leon back in 2019:

Another WIP I miiiiight finish someday (even tho I don’t really play WoW anymore):

Also have plans for some fanart of my favourite bands, I hope.

Thanks for looking! I’ll be sure to post again if I make any new art or finish one of the WIPs. You can find me on twitter or instagram as koutetsuhime, but I honestly post art like… once in a blue moon haha Here’s to hoping to change that!

16 Likes

EDIT: switched for updated one, finished his neck tattoos
Somehow random ispiration hit me~
2021maidhakuei2_SM2_sm

15 Likes

Finally finished this. This is my OC from a long time ago (Xiao-Yue) and my friend’s OC (Shen-Yu). Part of an old rp game called zodiak… so so long ago. Xiao-Yue was a triad branch leader who was half-japanese, half chinese, but also half-demon. Shen-Yu was his advisor and partner, a demon who saw visions.

xiaoyueshenyu2021-s

Detail shots:
xiao-detail
shenyu-detail
tattoo-detail

12 Likes

New band member for Devil’s Rain- this time it’s Haru! Haru is the youngest and least experienced in the band, but still a fan favourite (I can’t imagine why~)

Haru and Ryu together:

11 Likes

Wow. I really like your style! Very nice art work there! :slight_smile: I really enjoy this one, it’s very well done. Is it made only with computer? Or are you using a tablet for the comp? I remember one of my old friend used to do storyboards with a tablet.

Eitherway, this is very nice :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

Btw, I’m also and artist, but more of a poet than visual arts. I have a thread on here, if you are curious.

Cheers!

1 Like

the detail in the hair and tattoos is truly remarkable. i love the personality you can put into the characters with just a still shot. keep drawing, it’s amazing !

1 Like

@Masato Yep, all computer ^^ I use a Huion display tablet and Clip Studio for my work! Thank you very much!
I’ve checked out your thread before and your work is nice too!

@Ezra Oh wow, thank you! It means a lot to hear that! :black_heart:

Thank you both for commenting! It means the world to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have another fanart done, but debating whether I should post it or not. I did make a pixiv account finally though, and it’s on there (but it’s R-18). I’ll be posting my arts there too: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/9561959

2 Likes

Made a twitter just for art (may be nsfw sometimes, so it’s 18+ in general): https://twitter.com/muddycult

I’ve added Reiji to the band lineup! He’s the drummer and leader of the band (though Ryu was originally), and also Ryu’s childhood best friend.

Someone in a discord server asked me to draw this for them, so I humoured them as a challenge to myself:

8 Likes

Ah, it’s done finally! Here’s the group photo for my fictional VK band, Devil’s Rain.
Lineup L to R: Haru (gu.), Ryu (vo.), Reiji (dr.), Touya (ba.), and Masato (gu.)!
Ryu’s the main character of the story, but… I think I really like Masato :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

the second guitarist looks even better :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Really nice!!! I dig it. and I’m part of the band! (lolz) :stuck_out_tongue: Love your art, very nice! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just had this crazy idea where you could make this band real, like, you find people that plays music, and someone to write the lyrics or yourself or I dunno. Because this band would totally be badass haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That would be awesome, haha. If I could do growls with a pitch-shifter or something that’d be neat, but alas… lol
I did want to try writing the lyrics to the 2 songs I made up for them at least, sometime.

1 Like

Make use of Fiverr🙂

Wow I’ve forgotten to update here. Here’s some I’ve finished recently:

Ai from Gulu gulu

Lay from Fatima for Halloween~

Have 3 WIPs right now, hopefully I finish them soon lol

7 Likes

Finished this this morning for Andy’s birthday (bit late but close enough? haha)

8 Likes

Seeing your digital art here I can tell you that everything looks so good, I really like the design and style. Also, I still remember your paint of Ai from gulu gulu which I first saw on your Twitter. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Oh, thank you!! Hopefully I can do a much better piece of him eventually too! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Updating with 2 art pieces I finished recently.

This one is my OC that I’m currently writing for a Vampire: the Masquerade rp. It got a like from the official V:tM instagram and also their Brand Marketing Manager on Twitter. :black_heart: Made me really happy.
https://twitter.com/koutetsuhime/status/1504050540363276292

I finished fanart of my honmei for his birthday, and he saw and liked it :pleading_face: :pray: I can die happy now.
https://twitter.com/koutetsuhime/status/1508821295147929606

8 Likes

The hitomi one stays impressive. :heart::heart:

1 Like