Madman's Espirit loses all support members, temporarily cancels activities.

It looks like on the statement, Kyuho said he wanted the band to be a full band with members but now he’s returning to it being just a solo project.

1 Like

I think you’re right actually, seems much more likely based on the hiatus as well, I’m just goofy.

Not entirely out of the question that he still wants a full band but just thinks it’s impossible with the lineup they had.

I guess until we get more overt confirmation maybe from other members of this line-up we can’t be sure, and it’s all just guesswork.

I’m actually surprised this lineup lasted that long
I hope Kyuho finds inspiration again and new members
It’s all speculation now, but probably they couldn’t really fit together musically as a real group

2 Likes

I hope Kyuho is doing okay. I also hope the rest of the members can continue doing music, especially Arc because I quite like him. Both he and yoel seemed really confused from what I saw, so hopefully all is okay. I’m really gonna miss this lineup, I liked all of the members a lot!

1 Like

Somehow it took this whole tread for me to actually realise that the other members were support members.

6 Likes

Hi yes as the self-styled Madmans expert here I’ve come out of hiding to say my piece.

This is a massive dick move by Kyuho and my friend who has been a concertgoer for over 2 years agrees.

Whether or not Kyuho’s mental health has taken a bad turn, he absolutely has a track record of being a major killjoy and difficult character. Mental health issues or not, the vibe between him and some of the others has always been awkward, even during shows.

Arc and Yoel both have the most experience in the music scene besides Kyuho thanks to their experiences with other groups and connections, so they could have very valuable input (and they’ve stopped all other activities besides ME, basically!), but the vibe that Kyuho gives off is not one that encourages collaboration.

He’s obviously more concerned with following his own vision than sharing a band with others and making it a collaborative effort, which is fine, but you don’t get to milk the other members for money through cheki and then decide that they’re “only support members”.

I don’t care how good your artistry is or how bad your mental health is, they aren’t excuses to string people along and then suddenly drop them when you decide that ackshully this is MY project.

I fully blame Kyuho for fucking this up and my friends and I will attend the last show to support the other members, because they don’t deserve to be treated like baggage because someone’s a control freak.

20 Likes

yeah if he changed his mind abt turning it into a band then why not just like… change it back into a solo project? instead of firing? makes 0 sense and i feel bad for the members. they def loved the band

1 Like

I don’t log in for a few days and now I have a crap ton of topics to catch up on :tired_face:

Kinda bummed out about this, I (too) didn’t realize that the other guys weren’t official members.
But also, Arc said that the concert is cancelled but the official twitter says it’s still on. On the off chance that Arc and Yoel don’t show up, what kind of repercussions would there be? Since they’re support members and already fired removed. (Or has he posted anything else since? It’s 3am and I’m too tired to check/function)
I hope Kyuho can sort his shit out, if he wanted more support behind the scenes but wasn’t getting it, there surely would’ve been nicer ways to go about this. I also hope the other guys can find more opportunities doing music.

3 Likes

Arc’s post didn’t say that the concert is canceled. It said that Kyuho called him and said “Let’s cancel all the concerts and break up the band”. This was on the 24th. Afterwards they apparently decided to continue with the concert on the 17th and then disband.

1 Like

Both the insta-translate and fanclub translations say “the show is cancelled”, but I understand if they talked it out and came to an agreement later.
Arc and Yoel are better people than me, because my petty ass would not…

1 Like

This was in the official post

2 Likes

Tag me if they disband/go on hiatus so I can update the title.

317 Likes, 13 Comments - Madmans Esprit Worldwide (@madmans.esprit.worldwide) on Instagram: "Madmans Esprit won the KMA 2023
Kyuho’s speech with English subtitles

Please show your love an..."
ME won Best Metal & Hardcore Album at the Korean Music Awards, the speech feels awkward to say the least

8 Likes

Where can we watch ?

Oh sorry, I thought the link was working, it’s pinned on their fanpage
https://www.instagram.com/madmans.esprit.worldwide/

Thank you.

They posted on Instagram that the March 17th concert was cancelled because Geon’s health was worsening, does anyone know if Geon’s alright?

4 Likes

Arc has posted a further explanation (scroll over the images for the English version)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CppHtO5pO2h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He posted a second, longer, post with more detail. If it doesn’t get translated by the madmans fanpage i could do it eventually

8 Likes

Bruh, basically from Arc’s statement Kyuho threw a hissy fit 'cause they refused to start giving into dressing even more skimpy.
A very based take, whoring yourself to teenage suicidal daddy issues girls is not cool

10 Likes

Very ironic coming from kyuho who has expressed distaste towards objectifying both men and women

9 Likes