Misheard song lyrics

I just remembered this video from 13 years ago (goddamn it’s been that long already) and just had to share.

Anyone got any other songs with misheard lyrics? Have any songs with commonly mistaken lyrics?

12 Likes

“Now he’s an ooga booga” What the fuck? x"D

The gazette’s old stuff has a lot but my favourite is the chorus in ‘Bathroom’ where it sounds like the female singer says “I’m retarded”

10 Likes

When Kyouka screams “DIE EXPLOSION” on Aliene Ma’riage’s BURST it sounds like “SILENT VOLTORB” in my head (it actually makes a lot of sense since Voltorb is basically a Pokémon that explodes itself lol).

5 Likes

The GazettE - Art Drawn By Vomit

A JESUS
Suck your foreign pain
A JESUS
Suck my virgin hate

11 Likes

The obligatory ROTTING ROOT by DIR EN GREY

FUCK IT’S AN OWL
FUCK KIDS ARE NOW

Still confounds me that Kyo thinks whatever he says in the chorus sounds like “Fuckin’ tricky men”.

MARROW era was the worst for mispronunciation as most of the album was written in English and Kyo clearly hasn’t got a clue what’s going on. Don’t get the wrong idea; I unironically love this album.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll never forget this misheard lyric, this was like my first ever proper exposure to VK and the song that “Got me” so to speak. At 0:26 it sounds like Ruki is saying “in a soup, our boners cry”. It’s supposed to be “in soup of crime”. At least the chorus made up for this interesting line lol

In the chorus it sounds like Yuuki’s screaming “Allahu Akbar” a bunch of times and since I haven’t see the lyrics I’m still not sure what he’s actually saying

Back when I both didn’t know a word of Japanese and also slept on Plastic Tree, me and a bunch of other people always thought that Ryutaro was saying “Oh my God” in the chorus of Ghost (2:17) but now I know that he’s just saying 思いが (Omoi ga, “My thoughts…”)

7 Likes

He’s actually saying “JISATSU MARIA EVERYBODY’S FUCKED”

2 Likes

Thanks! No matter how hard I try I don’t think I can unhear allahu akbar though lol

2 Likes

I constantly understand “We built a boat” instead “We built a world”

Someone played that song on turntable once, and i had to ask what he sings, because i understood “I want to be a father” instead “I want to be a flower”

In Kawazu i often missunderstand the first words as “Come and tell me” although its actually “kono te ni”

3 Likes

I remember someone mishearing “I want to be a flower” as “I want to be Obama”. xD

3 Likes

Whenever Hakuei sings “deisre~ desire~” i always hear "ПЕЧЕНЬЯЯЯЯЯ [PECHENYAAAAA /i tried my best with the transcription/] (“cookies” in russian) xDDD

2 Likes

Some of y’all were fucking weird, I’ll give ya that.

Some 空耳アワー (Soramimi Hour) classics (Japanese Misheard Lyrics):

*Here’s a playlist with a ton of Soramimi Hour segments null - YouTube (also uploaded on Dailymotion.)

2:57 ‘‘WE ALSO CAN FLYYY’’

1:34 ‘‘let’s dry unconscious’’

2:22 ‘‘MAYONNAISE, MAYONEE’’
I often mishear something, but these are the most recent :laughing:

Oh I forgot to mention. Every time I watch some of these “mishear lyrics” videos It makes it even worse (I think almost everyone are like this with them :laughing:) These for Slipknot are hilarious :joy:

3 Likes

I was wondering if I would find Gazette’s Invisible Wall in here haha. Where that first line starts at 0:23, I always hear “Pizza is so good in a soup bowl with fry”. I can never unhear it now.

5 Likes

This one still makes me laugh to this day

3 Likes

at 2.22 where Ruki shout “Shut the fuck up Death Trap” I always hear “Shut the fuck up Deathgaze”

maybe due because at the time I was really into Deathgaze, but I lol everytime I hear it, and can’t unhear it.

2 Likes

He’s saying “men” in his weird whispery Gollum voice, so it’s hard to hear. Even then, it’s still weird because he isn’t saying “tricky” correctly

FUCKIN TRICKAOW… meeeeennn