Most toxic/cringe/crazy fan bases in J-Rock/Visual Kei

Dw this ain’t reddit. Pour thyself to me yorrick.

Edit : you know I don’t really care but someone really has it out for me flagging my every comment looooooool, I got a secret admirer.

:face_in_clouds:

I get it. I was just gonna be like “Yes. Atsushi is hot. We get it” and leave it at that, but @xxxx got me mad with that video. IN WHAT FUCKING WAY???

Most of the ones I could think of have been said already. Gazette, DEG, MM, gulu gulu, Kane to Juusei, DazzlingBAD, etc. Bands that foreigners on Twitter like. ONE OK ROCK fans are kind of annoying to me, but I’m not really a fan of them so I’m not really bothered. X JAPAN fans are on a whole other level of crazy, it feels like borderline cult shit sometimes.

Does Luna Sea have an annoying fanbase? I haven’t really noticed anything. Maybe I’m the cringe fan.

5 Likes

I’ve never come across it, probably because they’re the chillest band out there.

1 Like

If i think about it, most bands i listen to have fans, but no real fandom, so that part falls away.

So i came across this survey about fans of female metal bands on reddit
(We can fight now if some of the bands named in there are kawaii metal or not, but the thing is it’s almost all all-female band)

With 180 responses I’d say it did probably pretty well aaaand … It pretty much confirms the stereotypes about the fans those bands attract.

I am feeling kinda called out here
okay-dude-please-nik-nocturnal

1 Like

THANK YOU

2 Likes

liking any band, song, or album is toxic and cringe, sweaty

3 Likes

I assume you guys are talking about international millennial and gen z fans since I don’t see the fourty year olds being that crazy. @RWEMI @xyzzy_2

2 Likes

yea most of them have been abt my age or younger

Agreed people just can’t seem to be alone.

Gya, more like Gaya.

underage vkei twitter. They see a single band example Jiluka and then just ruin it with constant reference to kpop and fighting for the older fans

11 Likes

Are there even any toxic Japanese fans?
I was at a small venue live the other day with “uknown death meta bandsl” :sweat_smile: in Japan, and everyone stayed after it was done and help cleaning :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, but you usually hear about them when a band member has came out with news about a wife or birth of a child. I have met and befriended (now ex friend) one of the very crazy psycho ones it almost ruined Visual Kei for me

1 Like

Can you blame them?
Really their life sucks already and it’s no ones fault but theirs, and now they’re too old to change it but still with their childish proclivities they cling to places they dont belong and the only way they know to communicate is disagreeing with everyone in their minds they’re cool, honestly no one cares unless you speak up about these forums sucking the dick of one band or game since 1997, which is my fault really I have no idea what I was thinking looking there those people have nothing to offer me,

but in short I’m sure you watched this

this is the summation of my point or view of social media and besides
it’s their life who cares? definitely not me these people wouldn’t give me a glass of water if I was dying of thirst, but those who I know are compassionate enough, who wrought, fought and thought with me, some note of noble work may still be done and that’s exactly what this is it.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have merits as long as your hearts in the right place everything will be okay and this is the only time I’ll ever say ‘‘everything will be okay’’

No mention yet of DIMLIM?

2 Likes

Even though I’m a GazettE fan…I have to say, the fanbase is a little…much.

1 Like

What I have in mind isn’t a particular band’s fanbase, but more like the current trend or behavior of certain people online (I guess they might be mostly underage / very new generation of young fans?). Namely when posting all sorts of cringe or inappropriate or nonsensical comments in the same online spaces as the bands and band members themselves, often even tagging the musicians. I don’t know what it is, but it just makes me have so much second-hand embarrassment whenever I see it, haha.

I guess my point is, back in the day everyone was a bit cringe / weird / over-enthusiastic / even hornier than usual, but we had our own little separate spheres where we could express these things to ourselves among each other (case in point: forums and message boards such as this). Now that it’s all “out in the open” and hyper-satured with all the different social media it just seems too much.

tl;dr I am [old man yelling at cloud.gif]

16 Likes

I mean it depends
The way a lot of Visual Kei bands were and still are marketed is “bangya boyfriend material” they have various styles that a bangya looks for in a ‘boyfriend’ example feminine guy Ao ex Ran, host style Taichi from Ran, muscle or buff guy Kagemaru from ZigZag and more. Most Visual Kei members don’t have a public relationship with another person and so that helps play into the idea that a member can sort of be your boyfriend. What I mean by that is the girl can attend the band concert and see the member they view as a ‘boyfriend’ and watch him do all the cool on stage stuff and afterwards will buy the band merch and stuff specific to the member like chekis and will also give gifts.
The gifts vary sometimes it’s the member favorite cigarette pack or a new sweater from gucci and the member will show it off on social media pics of taking a smoke break or a random selfie the girl see’s it and thinks “aww there using MY gift! they must love it so much.”
That makes the girl feel special…even though it’s really not and so cause they feel special they throw more money at the band and the member more merch, cheki etc sales.

Although record companies/bands/specific members can make a lot of money off the ‘boyfriend’ marketing style it’s also a double edged sword because if anything dares to come out about the member the bangya loves example marriage then it’s over with. Everything related to that band and the member will be thrown in the trash or sold for very cheap price and the bangya will never come see that band again.

A great example of this double edged sword is Kiryu and the member Takemasa while I’m not sure if Kiryu was marketed as a ‘bangya boyfriend material’ band after what happened to Takemasa it sure seemed like they were. What happened was Takemasa married a female and somehow the really psycho fans found out not only that he was married but who she was and where she worked they called her work place so much she felt afraid to even come to work. Takemasa had to come out with a statement regarding the marriage out of fear for his wife due to how stalkerish and psycho things had became and after it became public.
Visual Kei fan selling sites became a sea of Kiryu Takemasa merch and I remember some chekis were like 5 yen they wanted nothing to do with Takemasa or Kiryu ever again and wanted all of there stuff gone.

3 Likes

Look, i have never been to Japan, but from everything i know there is a huge difference of non-VK fans and VK fans/Bangya’s