MUCC new best-album "明星" (Myoujou) release

Sadly is not even their first time…lets not forget their “iPad” ad for “Mother” :joy:

Maybe this was something they had to do to sign to some major label again? :thinking:

2 Likes

Totally forgot about that! Yeah, the video is just nothing but iPads and Apple logos, and the song itself was used in Naruto.
That was in 2012. How long have they been sold out? lol

2 Likes

This band has became a complete piece of shit… and to think that I believed they would become something cool again because I liked Kowareta blablablabla album.

Isn’t this songs all written by Satochi? Maybe those are his shoes.

5 Likes

It’s also possible they really lake of money these days…

1 Like

These are Satochi’s shoes though lol

2 Likes

Well, then thats definitely better than his pink shorts for a cover :joy:

But they could have changed those things and put Sato instead of Just do it/Nike logo though or some mixed stuff that showed his time in the band like they did for some of the annyversaries logos.

So much hate for MUCC lol
Guys Homura Uta was 19 years ago, and wasn’t even that good

They were just supposed to make Ware, Arubeki Basho over and over again!

Also I should add that while I understand “old stuff is better” will always be a thing, Tsuzetsu and Homura Uta are absolute slogs to get thru.

1 Like

I hope some of you are memeing because some of the replies in here are super cringe. Ranting because you don’t like an album jacket… What are you doing?

Guess Caligari stopped being a vk band years ago too:

http://www.missitsu.com/disco/summerday.html
http://www.missitsu.com/disco/12.html
http://www.missitsu.com/disco/number.html

Not that it matters… They’re a jrock band, who cares if they’re visual or not. They still are btw, regardless of how you feel about sneakers.

I’m assuming those are Satochi’s shoes. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him wear shoes in that style (air force 1 lows) many times before, and so with him retiring from music I think it just ties in with the old idiom "hanging up your shoes’’ or “hanging up your boots” or “hanging up your dancing shoes” which refers to retirement. And seeing as how he is retiring from music this year and this best of album consists mostly of songs in which he had a hand in or entirely composed (with the exception of the last track) I feel the jacket makes sense. And it looks aesthetically pleasing too.

8 Likes

While you may not have been responding to me specifically, in my defense, I never said the album cover was bad because it’s not VK. It’s because it’s an advert for Nike.

A pair of unbranded sneakers would have had much more of an impact on the audience because the focus would be on the inherent meaning behind a discarded pair of worn shoes. As it is, they have the logo and slogan of the largest shoe manufacturer in the world all over them. Their company’s brand presence is so recognisable that any other intent is sucked out of the image, replaced with corporate sterility. It has ‘board room meeting’ stink all over it. This album cover is just an advert, nothing more, and that’s all anyone with a brain will see when they look at these photos.

Those Caligari covers are great, btw.

2 Likes

yeah but ameria, the only passable song they released since, sounded like their indie era takeaway, and it wasn’t even good

they’re outright trash, embarrassing band that failed to evolve over their heavy legacy

a tryhard going nowhere sell out (even their covers reek of that), hollow dead shell of their former numetal self that failed to find an authentic major direction, a mummified corpse their label keeps in their catalogue to sell ad space to out of fashion shoe brands.

1 Like

What does “evolve” mean for a band like MUCC? A band that has dabbled in seemingly every musical genre known to man. Were they just supposed to zetsubou their way thru the last 20 years?

1 Like

they dabbled in a large variety of tasteless, random experimental takes without finding their own voice after several coherent albums that built their name, and never arrived anywhere while killing their trademark sound. most of their major shit sounded like a braindead alcoholic that had an enka hit single once in 70s took the band under his wing, and they didnt really object.

if they went the girugamesh route and at least started charting it would be less embarrassing than dropping heavy sound to end up at a dead end; even tatsurou’s short-lived side project failed to get anywhere because man legit couldn’t sing back than, and killed whatever was left of a very modest vocal range trying to sound mainstream appealing.

2 Likes

They evolved pretty well, since 2005 they dropped the edgyness and went to a more experimental path, better than discount Korn, and they’ve been doing justice to that.
Yes, some records are better and other and they do release so many unnecessary songs, but overall they’ve been doing pretty good.
Enclose a band over a sound that they only had for 4 years is dumb.
But what makes me sad is that, a member that has been with them since the beginning is parting and people are making a fuzz over some shoes that probably meant something to him.

2 Likes

Shoes are fine. Blatant advertisements for major corporate entities aren’t.

1 Like

In my defense the thing is not that it doesn’t look like visual kei, it’s because I prefer Adidas.

I agree. Completely different stuff, there’s no point in comparing them to this ad as an album cover, even though it makes more sense now that some people said that these are Satochi’s shoes.

I don’t call this experimental, I call it pop-rock at its worst. :confused:

1 Like

THANK YOU BASED SAISHUU.

Gokusai, Shion, Kyuutai had way more elements other than “pop-rock”
I wouldn’t even give that tag to the post 2010 stuff. More like EDM meets Metalcore, with random elements of everything.

mucc good

1 Like