NAZARE - COMMON ERA -CANAAN-

Listening now and this single has changed the game and elevated the level of live-limited singles. This is a new standard bands will have to compete with. Excellent, 溺愛 was worth the price of admission alone. They need to keep having piano in their songs and maybe drop the electronic elements or at least not rely on them so much.

2 Likes

I share this sentiment but I also hope not. This band’s output ever since their reformation has mostly been live-limited. Dairokkan, the DVD, and both COMMON ERA singles ran me about $350 so far, most of it on shipping and scalpers. I don’t want to miss out on amazing music because the band only released it live. And tbqh, I would not be mad if they released another 荊海 (-even further Edition-) of all the stuff released in limited ways until now. The number of hoops I have to jump through to get these CDs are absurd; take it down a notch please.

Everything so far has been good, but the songs on this do take it to the next level. Expect nothing heavy and you will not be disappointed. 溺愛 is a chunky A-side in it’s own right. DELETE. is also fun. Really leaves me wanting more but you guys have to be reasonable.

3 Likes

Totally agree, just saying if you’re going to make something a live-limited where I have to go out of my way to get a copy, make it worth it. Some live-limited singles are fucking awful songs and awful quality just to get a buck and feet in the door, but this felt different. This is the level I would expect if DEXCORE put out a live-limited single.

3 Likes

I agree with that as well! :saluting_face:

I also said as much in the Unpopular Opinions thread about live-distributed releases. Stuff given away at lives because they’re rough and unpolished, often unfinished songs, things either they or the label thought weren’t good enough to distribute officially. This isn’t that. EASTER felt alright. Not bad, but the SE felt like padding, tick tock was okay but nothing I choose to revisit, and Adolfism.IV felt like another remix of Adolfism I and III with some new stuff at the end. CANAAN feels like two actually good songs, certainly going to be live staples coming forward.

2 Likes

Well i dont feel too gutted about missing it if there’s nothing crazy heavy on there. Ballads and stuff are ok but im definitely more into the more mad side of their tunes.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll put them on their next DVD.

2 Likes

Probably. Lets just hope the dvd is decent quality next time. Haha. I have seen on Instagram that they have been playing “far away” live from time to time, by far my favourite song from their latest album.

1 Like

Is this still ISSEI or do the boys finally have a say in writing? 溺愛 sure sounds like a improvement (song writing wise) since the tracks found on Jingai -another edition-. I think they finally made that Dir en Grey song structure better than the originators themselves.
DELETE is pretty generic, probably have heard this song a couple of times before from them.

CANAAN:
溺愛: Lyrics Mio, Song Issei
DELETE: Lyrics and Song Mio

EASTER:
SE: Mio
ticktack: Lyrics & Music Mio
Adolfism 4: Lyrics: Mio, Music: Issei

for the record Dairokkan has no insert

2 Likes

Thanks!
I like where ISSEI is going in terms of sound for the band.