New band "脳内麻薬project" has formed

What would I give for attending a small indie concert like this again.

2 Likes

Looks like at least the vocalist’s previous band was Ganmi:

2 Likes

I enjoy the singing, the “shitiness” to put it roughly, adds to the charm for me, I really love the screams and the guitar…Good drumming too… Not to mention they all look amazing… props to the costume coordinators/makeup artists.

Also like, tbh this is the first time I’ve seen a vkei guy wear grills lol…??? Someone quote me if there are others who’ve worn 'em cus I’m actually loving it…

The members seem to be into djent/deathcore/dessu metaru. Which isn’t that surprising considering their sound

This clip made me laugh, Kusuri seems to have a lot of fun in lives. I’ve been watching GANMI’s lives on youtube for the past few days, and he’s pretty funny on stage, nice to see he’s kept the energy in this band as well.

Curious to see what they’ll do next. They seem to have a good amount of backing ($$$)

Kyo from DIR EN GREY wore grills all the way back in 2007 for the Clever Sleazoid PV and I’m sure other times after that. Also the Saw, vocalist of KRAD wore grills and blackened teeth pretty frequently.

1 Like

Bring vkei grills back :3

I agree they made grills look actually cool imo. I wonder if the reason Ganmi’s vocalist left was to restart a band that had a decent amount of disposable income then? I wonder if they’ll cover any of Ganmi’s songs because I remember watching the live videos of them and I had always wanted to hear studio versions of their other songs since they only ever released two.

1 Like

Here’s another instance of Kyo wearing grills, most recently, in the PV for Ningen wo Kaburu.

1 Like

Huh, didn’t know the vocalist is from Ganmi. I found them enjoyable – well, at least what little we’ve got from them.

But as I said above… I find this band a bit generic. Ok, Ganmi wasn’t that unique and outstanding either, but their style was at least somewhat different from the edgy menhera -core stuff that’s popular and seen everywhere. In their defense, they also didn’t exist long enough to set themselves apart.

Tbh, never seen Ganmi’s live stuff, so I only know their only single and what their singer sounded like in studio. What I noticed so far is that the vocalist sings differently in this project, and imo he’s gotten worse… or maybe he was always shit and it didn’t show on his previous band’s only single release.

So far I am not that impressed…

1 Like

They posted a few live clips on their twitter and a full live on YouTube and he’s not any better … His screams aren’t that bad, but he can’t sing and needs to stay in his vocal range (which I think he did a lot better in GANMI versus this new project).

3 Likes

I love edgy menhera -core stuff so that is mostly why our opinions differ. I agree he does sing differently in this band but it’s not an issue for me since I still find it enjoyable. Whether a vocalist is skilled or shit doesn’t really make a difference to me as long as I enjoy the sounds they make along with the music the band is playing I’m happy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the links. So he is really bad, hah. I still like those Ganmi live performances though, he is decent to listen to when he stays at a lower range.

I usually don’t have a problem with shitty vocals, considering that most VK singers are really bad and offkey. But imo he should at least try to stay within his range. He sounds really awful to me when he tries to hit the high notes. My tolerance for crap music is usually high, but his wailings in this new project are a bit too much for my brain to handle. But we’ll see, maybe some future songs they drop are better.

2 Likes

I really liked that song, found it very relatable.

Dude wtf is this blatant kuroyuri to kage ripoff of a song :sob: He even sounds like he’s trying to imitate Ai…

This song just sounds like a mashup of ktk’s discography. I wonder if that 2nd single was like ghost written then.

5 Likes

I would have been fine with kusomen utter fucking chaos, but the menhera aspect just adds that little bit that I never got from MAMIRETA, I’m sold.

2 Likes

Um…

This sucks

1 Like

They literally lasted six months and eighteen days.

translation: Vo.Kusuri, Gt.Syushi, and Dr.Asahi have left the band. Himawari will still continue activities to fulfill their schedule (somehow)

OOF

2 Likes

ok most of us does’t speak japanese, it could be practical to post a translation instead of a copy/paste…

3 Likes