New band Petit Brabancon forms (feat. DIR EN GREY, MUCC members)

I like this extract… ! very exciting project with yukihiro it’s a big surprise

I don’t know how anyone has formed an opinion on the music based on the sample. There is literally almost nothing to preview. Haha.

9 Likes

oh it’s an acquired dir en grey fandom skill, you should at least know about it…

when your faves give you 3 second previews of their singles a week ahead of release you learn how to construct 4/5 of the following album in your head + get a couple vague ideas for what live SE will sound based off provided material, and in this case we are given generous fifteen seconds…

18 Likes

I see that sukekiyo price tag. Wonder if they’ll give out purses as pre order bonus too? Jest aside, I like anything Kyo is in and the mix of members is pretty interesting.

I do think it could sound cool or awful to hear Kyo and Miya harmonizing or even trading off

I’m interested in hearing something new. For whatever reason, Sukekiyo hasn’t been my cup of tea so maybe I can support with this one. Otherwise, bring on band 4! An all ages mix.

17 Likes

I really like the preview, but at the same time I must ask if this isn’t something Kyo could do with DEG.

Finally the MOAB roars are back!

10 Likes

What are those seemingly tempo changes or left out notes from the drums in the first 10 seconds? Amazing!

I think if DEG would’ve done something like this, it would feel like a step back from their natural evolution. However, as someone who is bored by the colorful and all over the top sound from sukekiyo, I am really glad Kyo can explore this more stripped down and effective sound with this band.

6 Likes

he’s probably going to compare the sales with same metal sounding stuff to see if Yukihiro along with the project adds any extra profit, following which they’ll either put Deg on hiatus or one of the two will outright disband. I don’t really see any other reason for this band to form otherwise.

everything in this sample was done by Deg by 2005-2007 already.

1 Like

Oh no, I like it so much less!

1 Like

Nice shirt.

2 Likes

Do we know who’s writting this? Getting some Miya vives.

1 Like

Yup, the two main songs on the single were written by Miya.

2 Likes

Wow this turned out to be quite different from what I expected, the heavy riffs at the end remind me of meshuggah.

Chorus sounds like downtuned L’arc.

Digging the sample! Kyo’s harsh vocals are giving me Withering/TMOAB vibes, nice.

4 Likes

They cut it off as soon as it was starting to get good! But I have changed my opinion a bit when Kyo started screaming, I can’t say no to a good WtD/MoaB throwback :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

what a weird take. you should read the interview about the band to see that what you said will definitely not be the case

1 Like