New band "THE LAST ROCKSTARS" has formed!

A super band called “THE LAST ROCKSTARS” has formed,
The members will be “YOSHIKI”, “HYDE”, “SUGIZO”, “MIYAVI”,
THE LAST ROCKSTARS Live Debut 2023 Tokyo - New York - Los Angeles!

9 Likes

They will have 2 debut songs as well.

• THE LAST ROCKSTARS (Lyrics by YOSHIKI, Composed by YOSHIKI)
  • PSYCHO LOVE (Lyrics by YOSHIKI / HYDE, Composed by HYDE)
3 Likes

I really hope this is not a bubble like S.K.I.N!

3 Likes

Idk I’m not feeling the chemistry. Too many big creative personalities clashing here.
Feels like a cash/clout grab. Especially with the fact that they had to do a fucking press conference to announce it instead of just dropping a twitter post like a normal band. How extra do you have to be :rofl:

11 Likes

or just those live dates

So they kicked Gackt out from SKIN?

BTW, tickets for Japan are 15,000 and 22,000 yen regular, 32,000 and 100,000 VIP

1 Like

This feels like fake news

3 Likes

Wellllll, this is a lame band name, lmao.

By the way you can hear/see about half a minute each from the two announced songs in this stream of the press conference if you skip to 18:05. As expected, they sound very stale and safe.

They’ve also confirmed that they’re working fast on their debut album which should come out before the tour starts next year (I’ll believe it when I see it :joy: ).

4 Likes

Add Gackt there and you have THE CRINGE ROCKSTARS

3 Likes

Well, they are too big of personalities regardless is how one might feel, so dropping a tweet is something that nobodies would do or somebody younger than 40 who are not close to the “icon” status. So I kinda get their move.

3 Likes

Terrible band name, simple/lacking flier design. Oh, let the yoshikiness commence.

10 Likes

Right? So uninspired.

1 Like

So they have continued the tradition of bad band names. lol

10 years ago I would have been super excited about this project but the history of S.K.I.N (and Yo$hiki overall) made me be careful. Also I’m not happy about Hyde as singer as he went downhill in the last few years imo (Also Red Swan was not my cup of tea).

This time we will receive a single beforehand which is a milestone if we compare it to the history of S.K.I.N - I’m curious but not yet excited. :smile:

2 Likes

We are the rockstars, biddi biggi bang bang bang :face_in_clouds:

7 Likes

Holy shit those songs sound bad

3 Likes

I just got home and checked them too… you are right @_@ this is so bad!

checked facebook and one of hide’s old friends and sugizo’s senpai also posted saying “I really don’t wanna say it… but is it ok to have your band name as that?” lolz

5 Likes

More than bad, they seem cringe af.

6 Likes

I would be surprised if we got a single thing out of these guys. Talk is cheap. Releases are eternal.

4 Likes

notice the VIP content of the Japan gigs.
just trash :joy: you don’t even get a meet and greet

With so many egos you can not have a strong artistic direction. You just go with something diluted and just try to sell.

5 Likes