New band "THE LAST ROCKSTARS" has formed!

not even multiple egos, its basically kind of mostly like “do everything under the umbrella of what yoshiki wants” xD thus the fun begins!

1 Like

The last Karen’s… eeehhh, i mean Rockstars

Reading their Wikipedia is just like
“We want to continue with skin, but are all too busy”

Also… Yoshiki said Bassists are overrated :smirk:

7 Likes

Oh god….its like an ojisan idol group…the music, the looks, the whole vibe….

8 Likes

“We are the rockstars!
BIGGI DI BIGGI DI BANG BANG BANG
The fucking rockstars”

— THE LAST ROCKSTARS, 2022

5 Likes

We are witnessing visual kei history in the making here. Where were you when BIGGI DI BIGGI DI BANG BANG BANG became lore?

I’m gonna be serious for a minute: what kills me is that there are four legitimately good musicians here and not a single moment of musical prowess. No guitar chords or licks, no real bass, no rock; just piano, HYDE, drumming, and an abundance of synth. This isn’t even amusing levels of disappointment, it’s more like when you mix four colors together and get that muddy brown color that doesn’t go on anything. @Heyt nailed it.

22 Likes

They don’t write, because they know they don’t need, because it will sell anyway.

Beside that? Are they really still rockstars? form what I heard their solo songs sound more “pop” than any near rock or even metal. not even XJAPAN was that heavy. :rofl:
The bandname, really guys… couldn’t they think of a better name, which don’t sound so embarrassing?

6 Likes

I said on the discord a better name would have been NYX.

S.K.I.N → N.I.K.S → NYX

1 Like

In Dutch you could translate N.I.K.S or maybe NYX also to “Nothing”
Because NIKS means “Nothing” in English.

:rofl:

Poor guys.

3 Likes

It hurts so much to know this is the brainchild of the same person who wrote Art of Life.

Time goes flowing, breaking my heart, indeed.

14 Likes

My feelings are mostly mixed-to-negative. I’m excited over the prospect of them working together and finally going to see Miyavi perform if I get tickets to the NYC show, but like… Are they only performing music they wrote for this band then? And if that’s the case, is it coming out officially before the shows take place?

The song previews are fine. I’ll admit I like generic crap as much as I like interesting compositions, so I’ll probably bop to these tracks even if they’re nowhere near the level that I know these guys are capable of. I guess I’ll just see what the full tunes sound like before I rip them to shreds.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they have been sued by the cosmetics brand?

This feels like a band wanting to be Hollywood Vampires, but the Japanese version and not on that level of musicianship if we’re being honest.

Any guesses on the support bassist? I’ve seen KenKen, Ju-Ken, CRAZY COOL JOE, FIRE, among others thrown around as potential picks.

’ Hey guys, what would be the most pretentious name we could find… ?! ’

5 Likes

the absolute clownery and pretentiousness here

“bigidi bigidi bang bang” grandpa idol anthem of the decade

7 Likes

I feel like MIYAVI was a bad choice for this band. Would have been better if they chose someone to mix the song to sound more metal then techno and poppy as fk. >.<

1 Like

I would have even been okay with a piano mix or something.

They’ve touched upon the subject at the press conference but it was a bit weird/confusing to gain any actual info. They said something like “there will be no bassist” but idk if that just means that they’ll hire a support guy or no live bass at all? (judging from the samples I can even imagine programmed electronic bass for this style of music)

1 Like

judging from that sample, there ain’t no damn guitars or drums either lmao

29 Likes

OMG facts XD