New band "THE LAST ROCKSTARS" has formed!

I thought red swan was awesome, but I know what you mean.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: THE LAST ROCKSTARS

I split some posts off into a separate artist thread because I think we are gonna need it.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

eeek hard pass, no thank you.

Even with such talent they manage to put out off-brand stale white bread music

Was just catching up with this video, at first I couldn’t figure out why they decided to have a random mascot in the audience, then I realised it was Seek lmao

Sora was having the most fun out of everyone, clearly

1 Like

About the last roundtable

There is a moment ’ Aki ’ from Sid looked at Yoshiki, and asked him ; " Mmh I wanted to ask you, did you ever listen to our music ? ’
Yoshiki was so embarrassing, he said he went to see Sid at Tokyo Dome. But I think Aki was asking for all the bands there. Nice question, he touched a sensitive point haha

8 Likes

I Think this would be less awkward if they played crab game and amogus instead of this shit, but knowing japanese senpai-kouhai dynamics, it’ll be probably worse.

1 Like

does anyone else think it sounds like a dubbed over parody video?

i totally agree, i thought this when it was first announced especially because he’s much less of a grandpa than the rest of them lmfao

1 Like
5 Likes

Hallelujah he seems to remember he is a musician !

LMAO this pretentious self-important douchebag, I can’t… :rofl:

“Hmmm yeees, let me take some important notes while this half-minute sample plays in the background, oh gee we’ll have to figure out the rest of these songs, don’t we? Oh my, so much work to do…”

7 Likes

I understand nothing about making music, but that tweet just confuses me.
They played this same clip during the press conference and had a music video to go with it, so I thought it was all done… Now he’s in Paris (alone?) recording the same song again? Or is he actually doing other songs but wanted to include a video to make it seem like he’s doing something? Just post a picture.
I still like the build up though. Shame about the chorus.

6 Likes

Now hold on, we actually do hear like ten more seconds in this clip. This is the most Yoshikimaniacs have been given by our king in years, we’re eating good.

… that said, I’m incredibly amused by the second half of the chorus leaning even farther into the butt rock. It starts sounding like a mid-paced modern Metallica filler track, except it’s still Biggidy Biggidy. I’m kind of obsessed, actually. Also, not sure if it’s just the way the loop is cut, but the verse sounds like it might be closer to the chorus than the pre-chorus? Which I didn’t expect.

I’m mad at myself for being so amused by this that I’ve become genuinely excited for this to drop. Getting a better idea of what this song might sound like - while watching Yoshiki consider and forge greatness - has only steeled my excitement. I’ll have no one to blame but myself once I’m crushed by this projects inevitable cancellation.

8 Likes

That proved how genius Yoshiki sama is, just like Schrödinger’s cat, this is Yoshiki’s music, his music is in superposition state that simultaneously both done and not done.

8 Likes

He looks like a student in class pretending to take notes and acting busy after the teacher asked “Sooo, are there any volunteers who would want to explain their homework to the class?”

Also I love how the music seems shopped in. Like he’s not vibing at all to the song, not even moving his head slightly or anything.

4 Likes

“recording” probably refers to the iphone guy recording him on camera. the news of the tweet is that his majesty has landed in decadent versaillian Paris a̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶z̶a̶k̶i̶.

(they might have different mixing for the single and album takes of the song which at this point matters very little, I imagine?..)

7 Likes

I am gutted to inform this thread that, after hearing the song clip only twice (back when the press release first came out and yesterday when I watched that tweet), I had “biggity biggity bang bang bang” stuck in my head this morning.
I’m gonna have to unironically listen to that song when it comes out, don’t I?

2 Likes

I feel so sorry for Yoshiki’s camera man who has to film every little pretentious idea he has for the sake of content, and it’s always him pretending to do something. sigh, if it works it works, I guess

6 Likes

Do you think his contract lists him as an actual cameraman who has to follow him around or a personal assistant who’s building up a very varied CV?

It is pretty amazing that he gets these LA women to fawn over him with a camera while he does mediocre things. I assume all of them have a ‘personal assistant’ title.

I’m sure what’s even worse is the poor video editor who has to potentially view the hundreds of hours of nonsense video being shot. That guy’s living in an Endless Rain of boredom.

And I’m probably reading into this way too much but when the clip starts, he’s holding the pen as if we caught him in the middle of writing another grand epic but then when he finally decides to put pen to paper he needs to click it to protract the tip implying the pen wasn’t even being used until then?

It’s as if this video was all just a highly choreographed act.
Yoshiki would never pull a quick one on us, would he!? :slight_smile:

8 Likes