New band "THE LAST ROCKSTARS" has formed!

I thing its pretty obvious that these guys knows that their fans are growing old and visual kei is at the last breath so they will grab some coins while they can. And not just them, a lot of the old guys are active to grab what they can while they can, shit, even deadman has returned.

I wound also like to hint that I think the reason why Yoshiki never released the new X JAPAN album is because he can’t, probably this guy fucked a contract with some label, management or someone who put some money in it and they are on some kind of litigation.

5 Likes

I always forget about senpai/kouhai hierarchy being a factor, so thanks for the reminder/refresher.

Oh, to be lightweight-pressured to ride on a screaming train bound for certain doom if it goes far enough on its journey due to who the most likely conductor is… Might as well cash in, like you said.

1 Like

I love how every time it’s “it must be legal stuff” by fans when in reality he’s probably just too busy BIGTIDDY BIGTIDDY BANG BANGing some 35-40 yo woman

2 Likes

Shin Yoshiki 1.01: We Are (Not) X

2 Likes

I mean, didn’t Yoshiki himself say it was something to with contracts the last time he answered a fan asking about it?

If it was a Yoshiki solo project I’d be okay with assuming it was just him being flaky and lazy, but there are actual responsible people like Sugizo involved with the X album, so the fact that they haven’t even put out a half-hearted digital single yet is kind of impressive.

1 Like

Idk, I just wanted to type BIGTIDDY BIGTIDDY BANG BANG

7 Likes

Lol, I kind of figured, tbh :sweat_smile:

This is exactly how I see it. Basically that’s the reason why Sugizo joined X Japan. He originally was only a support member when X Japan rebooted in the late 00s. Milking the memory of hide with holograms and video on a screen sufficed in those early concerts. But then that couldn’t last forever and Yoshiki decreed that Sugizo should join and he couldn’t say no. Why would Sugizo join X Japan when he had been perfectly productive and busy enough with his solo and Luna Sea which had rebooted and clearly has been more consistent ever since with a few albums and regular concerts and tours.

Anywho, if people doubted the societal norms of senpai-ism, then Yoshiki’s regular channel talks where he gets 10-20 current V-Kei guys and old-timers to show up and just be props on stage while Yoshiki tries to feel like he’s a musician still by talking to other musicians should be proof enough. They’re all force-fed Yoshiki wine and X/Y energy drinks because it can’t just be a simple roundtable discussion and everything is a cross-promotion event.

This upcoming ‘birthday special’ screams out rich kid inviting ‘friends’ over to celebrate:

And if you ever watched any of these (some are on youtube free and dubbed in English), sometimes the B-C tier guys barely get a word in. They introduce themselves and basically only talk when spoken to.

Yoshiki speaks 90% of the time with someone close to his level. Usually anyone from Luna Sea, Glay, X and Ladies Room George.The latter is quite funny as you can tell George doesn’t care about Yoshiki’s senpai status so he talks when he wants to and as boldly. lol.

12 Likes

but Kouhei is not even a star lol.

George, isn’t he doing a lot in the vkei world still?
But glad to see someone not really caring about yoshiki status.

The last cheap ass selling cocksuckers. And Sugizo.

8 Likes

As a friend just described it on facebook: a bunch of divas who think of themselves as the last coke on the Sahara desert while the reality is no one wants to work with them anymore cuz they are shitty people, so they’re stuck with each other trying to milk whatever leftover fans they have of both money and relevancy cuz they’re literally and figuratively starving. Oh, and Miyavi who somehow got stuck there.

3 Likes

Dont forget Sugizo. Dunno how they roped him in.

1 Like

Ngl, I cringed a little with the name. The song previews didn’t sound great either.

Do I HATE it?
Tbh, no. I gotta listen to the music first, the whole thing.
But what makes me sad is that this has not much to do with visual kei really.
Is Miyavi considered a visual kei musician? He stopped being that more than 10 years ago. Imo, he should stick to acting.
Hyde…oh Hyde. I like him but his sound lately is similar to those more mainstream japanese metal bands.
If this is an attemp to bring attention back to visual kei, that’s not the way to do it.
If this project is actually successful, I will be happy. But I can’t help but feeling a bit…awkward. Moreover, I’ve watched the conference and imo, they have no chemistry between them…

8 Likes

The basic rule of thumb I set out for if they are in the VK umbrella still in Japanese fan base is:
Do they have their CDs/goods in used vk cd stores and still stocking newer used releases? and yep Miyavi has his section still in em.

no need to put deep thought into it when this is basically just Yoshiki bored and doing some stupid sh"t again. let’s just watch the car crash.

2 Likes

I only now got around to listening to the clips of the songs, the first one actually doesn’t sound too bad in the beginning, I like the build up. But the biggidy biggidy bang bang bang part is a let down. :woman_facepalming:
Thankfully I’m not emotionally invested in any of these people so I can just crack open a drink and munch on some popcorn while I watch this disaster :clinking_glasses: :popcorn:

5 Likes

me to the guys in “the last rockstars”
giphy

7 Likes

Interesting. I certainly do not belong to the japanese fanbase or had access to such stores, but they do seem like they wanna try and reach the international fans, hence me wondering what is Yoshiki trying to achieve here.
Personally, I don’t wanna see a car crash. Egoists or not, it would be sad to see musicians that used to be big and creative, failing.
And is Yoshiki actually bored at this point? Didnt he get injured just a while ago? I think he’s going through an existential crisis of some sort. He needs a break he doesn’t want to get.

2 Likes

Maybe he missed being in the spotlight and feeling relevant? The announcement of the band was reported everywhere in Japan, on all tv channels etc, they even paid foreign sites to write about them. So maybe hes satisfied for the moment now :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

This^^^
its all about the attention and less about the quality for awhile it seems.
I know some behind the scenes stuff and this all seems like a rushed thing from what Im hearing.

Of course no one wants the car crash but for us older long time fans weve come to expect it from 99% done, McEnergyVisa711UK man.

2 Likes