New band "THE LAST ROCKSTARS" has formed!

The Last Rockstars (Paris mix) is out now.

“INTERNATIONAL SUPER GROUP THE LAST ROCKSTARS TO RELEASE FIRST SINGLE “THE LAST ROCKSTARS (PARIS MIX)” DECEMBER 23RD - NEW MUSIC TO ROLL OUT THROUGH 2023
THE LAST ROCKSTARS, a newly formed outfit comprised of four of Japan’s biggest rock stars – YOSHIKI, HYDE, SUGIZO, and MIYAVI announce the release of their highly anticipated first single on Melodee Music, aptly titled “The Last Rockstars (Paris Mix),” on Friday, December 23rd. The single will be distributed globally by Ingrooves Music Group to music streaming services. (Ingrooves is part of Virgin Music Group, the newly formed global independent music division of Universal Music Group.)”

Can anybody tell me how exactly they’re an “international super group”?

3 Likes

:thinking: I guess because they are on an independent music division that’s meant to be global? So I’m guessing its the intent of being active internationally?

So is Melodee music a music streaming service thing? Like Soundcloud, Spotify, ect? I see NFT, Metaverse… I don’t quite get it…

For what it’s worth, Yoshiki lives in LA.

It’s everywhere. I can’t run from him. No matter how much I plug my ears, avert my eyes and clear my mind, he’s always there. It’s been only a night but it’s felt like a year has passed of endless eternal torture. He won’t leave me be. I can still hear him, at the corner of my bed, waiting for me to fall asleep. The faint haunting whisper…

“Bigiddy bigiddy bang bang bang”

1 Like

GET IT OUTTTT IT’S STUCK IN MY GODDAMN HEADDD

I’d like to shit on it as much as any fellow member of the forum but somehow it’s region locked. Did it ever occur to Yoshiki that this Japanese music industry level of gatekeeping has to do a lot with his failure to go global?

2 Likes

waiting for midnight with bated breath

1 Like

I think the logic is that they all tour internationally, but yeah, that’s not a good way to word it.

1 Like

Ha, I guess the 23rd means the 23rd in your part of the country; not adjusted for the various timezone.

It does make some sense: they did somewhat make a point of noting that, essentially, they are “International out of Tokyo”… So having things launch there first isn’t a surprise, with that given.

Is it the best method? I’m gonna go head and suspect most people will say “no”.

1 Like

I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with releasing according to time zones - ya know, as long as I ignore the selfish part of my heart that’s ready to biggidy bang

3 Likes

It’s not as awful as I thought, plus HYDE could sing about anything and it’d be catchy, but MIYAVI and SUGIZO are lost in this song.

I don’t know if I just have Stockholm Syndrome with The Last Rockstars at this point, but I kinda like it lol. It’s absolutely braindead and treading no new ground - but the new X album would also have been that, and I still want that too so :person_shrugging: Vocal melodies are really nice, and that Yoshiki fella can play a convincing piano.

If they keep releasing stuff that is equal parts earnest and silly, I’ll be pleased.

2 Likes

knowing it’s yoshiki they’ll probably have guest gaijin live members and a spiritual seance to record queen Elizabeth howling back vocals for super love, etc.

the blonde chick from the MV could be a permanent back vocal live member too

2 Likes

lol; okay what’s with the Queen Elizabeth mention? That seams so, so random…

They posted this like 2 hours ago (=shortly after midnight in Japan), so you’ll probably just have to wait until it’s midnight where you are (or use a Japanese VPN).

I’ve not heard it yet; while I’m not surprised, it sucks to know neither has much going on in it; I mean, at least one of them… ya know?

For now, I’m going to just assume that in the future, as this moves forward (if it does) that they will have more variety, and you’ll definitely have “flavored” songs for all four, as well as songs that is a little bit of “all of them in one” types of deal.

So far, this is more “Yoshiki” flavored. Fair enough, for now. Still quite a bit to early to be judging.

@01savefile

it’s shestory for the textbooks!!!

1 Like

I forgot about that lol

pretty boring, as expected

but the idea of Yoshiki believing THIS corny ass kind of music will finally make the west care about him is super amusing, honestly

feeling sorry for Sugizo tho, at least theres no way in hell this project will still be a thing after the first album

1 Like

Let’s at least wait for the album to be a thing first…

I hear you about Sugizo though - bit o pain there for sure. Never know, though, hopefully this is just a stupid intro/beginning that turns into something much better…(or at least, his contributions will be the bright spot of it all) :prayer_beads: