NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST new album "ARGOS" release

He’s definitely working on a follow up with Mio (ex NAZARE) on vocals.

Pretty sure Kagami will still be main vocals but Mio will be featured in a song but I don’t speak Japanese so maybe I misunderstood. Would definitely be happy if Mio did more than one song though.

1 Like

Can confirm this is the case.

1 Like

Just listened to Cremation and wow, what a mess. Not that the music is bad necessarily but I cant be the only one that thinks this doesnt really flow that well or have anything going on thats particularly memorable or even catchy?

1 Like

Preview songs

4 Likes

My Extreme Edition (lol) arrived yesterday so I’ve had time to give it a couple of listens.

-This is the best NCBL have sounded since the original lineup.
-They’re really leaning into the metalcore/deathcore sound with less wacky compositions a la Cazqui and more brutal riffage and breakdowns.
-Dagger has a contender for breakdown of the year, and that’s not something I expected to be saying about NCBL.
-The orchestral version of Cremation doesn’t have vocals but it’s damn unsettling.
-The instrumental tracks on the second disc are really cool, not fully fledged songs as such but much more than just throwaway SEs. (Except for THE END OF SORROW, which is just a reworking of their old SE THE END OF VANADIS - it even keeps the spoken line ‘Her name is Vanadis’ lol)
-With four old singles and two instrumentals, only half of the tracklist is new. That said, the 3-month releases all seem to be re-recorded for this album. (Or at least remixed/mastered).

5 Likes

My favorite release from them, no competition. :fire::fire:

Seriously? Is the rest of the album better than the single? As if it’s all like that it’s an avoid for me personally. I do like heavy but the disjointedness just made it a bit all over the place. I do like unpredictability and tracks to not take a straight forward route but the transitions (or lack of) didnt seem well thought out to me and it just didnt feel like it made any sense.

1 Like

I think it might not be for you if you didn’t enjoy cremation as I think that song is a good representation of the sound of the album, I’ve seen people say those exact same things (all over the place, doesn’t make sense, etc.) about a lot of my favorite music so it makes sense that it’d be appealing to me I guess haha.

3 Likes

cremation is one of the best songs theyve ever done so if everything is even better sign me up, this is gonna clear anything during the cazqui era by astronomical margins

3 Likes

Thats a pretty bold statement. Haha.

It might not be on SPHERE or [my:Se]raphy/GENESIS level but I think that’s what the band was going for with the song - in terms of this albums epic-esque track.

It’s a good track but it really didn’t need a feature on it. Hiro could’ve did the whole song himself and it would’ve been just fine.

Anyway, my opinion on the album - this album is incredible. Nocturnal Bloodlust have been really hit-or-miss with me since 2017 but I haven’t felt this good about of a release of theirs since ZēTēS. It’s not as “bro-core” as I was expecting since their last few releases were lackluster. “Red Soil” is such a fantastic opening to the album. Really reminds me of GRIMOIRE’s opener “Pandemic”.

My only critique about the album was that they should’ve never, ever put their horrible 2020 singles on here - like “Life is Once”, “Only Human”, and “Reviver”. No one liked those singles. -_- They honestly should’ve just thrown them on their “Wasteland” EP and did away with them.

2 Likes

Nice, lots of good info and feedback there. Youve inspired me to at least Spotify it and will take it from there as to whether I’ll get it or not.

Personally I really enjoyed those singles (well, Life is Once mostly and Reviver was pretty good), and the stuff between then and this album sounded fairly generic to me, but each to their own.

1 Like

Well, yeah, that’s for sure their best release so far since Cazqui’s era. Perhaps because most of the new tracks sound like old Nokubura. Red Soils gave me goosebumps.

Plus, I need to agree about their 2020 singles : they sound so weak compared to Red Soil or Cremation. They shouldn’t have included them here.

2 Likes