Petit Brabancon - Fetish

It’s… ok I guess.
Apart from the single tracks (Which are really strong imo) the outstanding tracks from a first listen were Ruin of existence, pull the trigger and 主張に手を伸ばす修羅.

But I think most of the songs will be growers.
As stated by others I love the raw Kyo with no gimmicks in this band so I‘m sure I will spin this album a lot.

2 Likes

Same recordings

1 Like

Well at least we can all agree that it’s certainly one of the albums of this year.

9 Likes

Kyo brought back the craziness from utafumis single version and i love it

My first take away is that “I Kill Myself” could have been really great with a different arrangement. It has some interesting concepts and sounds, but some of them hang too long or are abrupt in a way that doesn’t sound creative or intentional.
I’ll give it some more listens tho.

Overall a very fun experience! Apart from track 2 it had a pretty cool start, then I felt like the album was beginning to lose some steam towards the middle… but then from around track 8-9 it just kept getting better and better again, and held out excellently to the end. What a row of bangin’ tunes!

Obviously needs more listens, but for now (after my initial listen) I’m happy. Oh, and here’s to hoping antz gets more songs on the next record, his stuff was very interesting to hear and fit well into this whole quirky alternative metal vibe.

8 Likes

I liked the album in general, although I always have the same feeling; this album could have been sung by any singer. I feel that kyo was casually involved XD.
My favorite tracks are the ones Antz has composed.
apart, if I have the feeling that he is something like YFCz (or THE MORTAL). Who knows if they’re just going to release this album and a DVD or are they going to continue…

Still waiting for CDJapan to ship my copy. Hopefully I don’t hate it given the mixed reviews.

Not expecting much.

Tbh, something more straight-forward sounds like a nice break from Kyo’s usual weirdness.

I want to 3D print the dog.

3 Likes

This happened to me too as well as with Phalaris. In the Apple Music app you have to tap the “…” button in the upper right corner and there should be a “show complete album” option.

Finally got around to giving it a fully listen on Spotify, didn’t want to wait until my physical copy arrived

I still don’t like ‘Don’t Forget.’ I think it’s an ok song but I don’t think Kyo’s chorus vocals fit whatsoever. Weak way to open the album imo. It is growing on me a bit though, and I definitely like it more than I did the first handful of times I listened to the song.

I also don’t love ‘I Kill Myself.’ It’s just… meh. Not terrible, the energy just doesn’t seem to be where it needs to be for me.

Otherwise I’m a fan. The sludgy take on early to mid 2000’s metal scratches a really nice itch for me. I understand Kelrya’s complaint on the guitar tone, and while I can’t deny it’s definitely flubby, I personally think it works for the songs. And in general I like the overall production for what this album is trying to accomplish. It’s not necessarily going to be the tippy top of my list, and it’s not as experimental as most of what I tend to listen to these days, but it’s fun and that’s the most important thing.

Favorite tracks:
Pull the trigger
Come to a screaming halt
Hiningen, Dokuhaku ni Arazu
Gion
Muchitsujo ha Mukuchi to Utau

2 Likes

See~

grafik

3 Likes

How very Jonathan Davis of him.

2 Likes

Not even album ’ Kuchiki no tou ', ’ Zekuu ', ’ Homura Uta '… ?

3 Likes

Before you all dis “i kill myself” for the edgelord-engrish just think about hoe SEXY that drop would be live :star_struck:
I also love Gion, my faves are everyones runts hahahaha

Least fave is Koku as well HAHAHAH.

I love it but im scared their gonna run out of groovy riffs pretty quick, where do they go from here?

2 Likes

Late to the party but I finally got around to listening to this a couple times. I dunno, it didn’t really do anything for me but it’s an inoffensive side-project. i think the album-cover tells you exactly what to expect: just a group of seasoned musicians having fun and jamming out.

Which in itself is fine, but it’s disappointing that the end product was what they came up with. @kelrya took the words right out of my mouth:

I think my favorite track is still the first single. I thought it was quite good. The rest feels kinda underbaked.

1 Like

fun album. love the antz stuff

kawaki is a super weird pick for the closing track

1 Like

I thought the singles were the strongest on the album, but I think this is completely fine for a first outing. I thought “非人間、独白に在らず” was super dope, too.

If this were released by some newcomer band, I think people would have been stoked about this album, but our expectations were reasonably high considering the musicians involved.

All in all, I hope these guys stick around, because I’m excited to hear what they’d come up with if given more time to gel.

10 Likes

I listened to it just because but I am liking it quite a bit. Kyo is not at his best I guess but it either sounds like old mucc with kyo on it or just entertaining enough so that’s pretty good for me

I love this album

1 Like