Petit Brabancon new EP "Automata" release

You can ignore me if you want. I dont know why it seems you got a stick up your butt.

Loads of people here did not like the album and on the biggest board in japan for japanese rock/vk maaaany people trashed on it and called it a lazy low effort cash-in.

Of course people are going to follow them. Yukihiro or Kyo could make new projects and only release CDs with fart sounds, with new twitter accounts, and tens of thousands of people would follow them.

But again, lets hope the new single is good!

2 Likes

Like I said, it definitely wasn’t a 10/10 for me either, but I definitely expect them to tour Europe soon considering they specifically addressed over seas fans for their recent ticket sales.

Being a multi fandom but, it’s a money printing machine for them.

Been meaning to ask: Which new single?

Sorry, EP :laughing:

I enjoyed the LP despite it being kinda underwhelming at first.

Kyo brought back the raw TMOAB feel and goes fucking hard live

6 Likes

I just don’t see how it was a zero effort record. I was a big fan, most of the songs were super fun, and even the slow drawl of ‘come to a screeching halt’ became one of my favorite tracks of last year. It’s not a high-concept, art-rock band and that’s okay. They’re aggressive, dirty, and the drum/bass interplay makes me want to dance

6 Likes

Damn right. In fact, I talked to Kyo. He’s gonna cancel the album.

5 Likes

I dont get some of the opinions of people on here, I thought Phalaris was legit a really good album. Lol.

2 Likes

Most people do.

1 Like

I didn’t really get the hype about Phalaris tbh I haven’t gone back to listen to it much since it released. A very forgettable album. The last Petit Brabancon EP was better imo. ARCHE was probably the last truly great DIR EN GREY album to me. I’d say Kyo’s other two projects are much better right now.

1 Like

Well I kind of agree with you, I more or less only listen to “13” and “perfume of sins” among the new songs.

1 Like

We don’t allow that opinion here

I agree that ARCHE was the last truly excellent DEG album.
Don’t sleep on PHALARIS; there’s a lot of very good material there.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Mine is that there is no way Fetish is better than any DEG album (even The Insulated World, lol). But I still like Fetish for what it is. Fun and dumb.

3 Likes

new visual

7 Likes

Teaser for “Kodou”

“Miserable” will be available on 5/31 on streaming platforms

4 Likes
5 Likes

Huh, well that sounds pretty much completely different from their previous style.

I dig it so far.

2 Likes

I simply view this band as Kyo’s “fun” side project. Like em or not, I’m glad we’ve moved past the era of “super band releases one song and goes silent”. Keep the music coming!

And I say this as someone who hasn’t even listened to their last album heheh

1 Like

a miya composition that sounds like 99/2000 Deg is… interesting

particularly compared to the absolute SHIT mucc are releasing to this day

3 Likes