Plastic Tree self-titled album release

The first New Album in almost four years will be released on 29 May!

The album title will be the self-titled “Plastic Tree”

The preview new look was revealed.

9 Likes

Cant say I’m enthusiastic about this release, but we will see!

1 Like

Interesting how it’s self-tilted. One must wonder, is it some sort of grand career-defining declaration… or just total lack of ideas. :sweat_smile: In any case, as long as it sounds like PT, I’ll listen.

4 Likes

It’s the 30th anniversary of the band! I guess that’s why is self-titled.

7 Likes

Love this joshua tree look

1 Like

I really liked the two latest singles, so looking forward to it. I’ll be missing them when I’m there, but here’s to next time around.

2 Likes

I completely forgot about the anniversary! Makes sense then.

2 Likes

I hope it will be better than the previous one. It was boring and I found it « difficult » to listen to, except 2-3 songs.
Previous ones were a lot better (especially doorAdore on recent ones).
Judging by the 2 singles it seems that it will be ok ! So wait and see.

2 Likes

I agree. Not necessarily bad, but I didn’t go back to that album that often

Finally the new look is revealed.

The album will contain 2 Types

Regular Edition

[CD]

1.ライムライト (LIME LIGHT)
2.ざわめき (Zawameki)
3.no rest for the wicked
4.ゆうえん (Yuuen)
5.シカバネーゼ (Shikabaneeze)
6.宵闇 (Yoiyami)
7.Invisible letter
8.痣花 (Azabana)
9.メルヘン (Meruhen)
10.夢落ち (Yume-ochi)

Limited Edition

[CD]

1.ライムライト (LIME LIGHT)
2.ざわめき (Zawameki)
3.no rest for the wicked
4.ゆうえん (Yuuen)
5.シカバネーゼ (Shikabaneeze)
6.宵闇 (Yoiyami)
7.Invisible letter
8.痣花 (Azabana)
9.メルヘン (Meruhen)
10.夢落ち (Yume-ochi)

[DVD]
Documentary “Plastic Tree” (approx. 60 mins).

[BOOK]
A5 size hardcover booklet (100 pages).

~For those who buy on campaign pre-order until 21/04 will get the Special CD ‘Plastic Tree (Instrumental)’. CD contain the instrumental tracks from all 10 songs on the album ‘Plastic Tree’.

New Album「Plastic Tree」
新アーティスト写真、ジャケット、商品内容公開!

詳細は以下よりご確認ください。https://t.co/XDf5smjUy5#PlasticTree pic.twitter.com/Ogch466y0P

— プラスタッフ (@Pla_Staff) March 28, 2024
1 Like

Its the same campaign from the previous album, with only 10 songs. Man the new song was weak.

wdym by that?

It’s only 10 songs, and they’re offering an instrumental version of the album if you pay more. They did this exact same thing with Juushoku Teiri, but they had individual CDs for each song.

Ah right. But I think juushoku teiri also had demo versions at least. Personally I don’t need either, but apparently it worked for them haha

1 Like

Its a limited CD who buy on pre-order until 21/04 (Its a benefit stuff). Then will not be available if u buy later the limited edition.

It’s highly likely that the last campaign was great and why not repeat again. Knowing well how Victor Entertainment want have a nice profit isnt surprise. The extra bonus on limited editon has a great deal. I like it the benefits are worth to buy. Its the release of 30th anniversary of them.

1 Like

Delk, youre a Ryu superfan, and i don’t blame you for defending their release strategy. I, however, as a long time fan who has watched their transformation into whatever their sound is now, am tired and disappointed is all.

1 Like

I didn’t defend their strategy just recognise their move. I know that most of decissions come from the label. As a fan, I can’t fight it. I dont like how is the management from the label and the best was on universal music group in my opinion. I am long time fan too and i really feel bad about the weak releases, but this is a personal taste. If you feel disappointed is okay. The point is the band is following another way that the old fans dont like and just prefer keep in the old eras and thats fine too.

I believe that we can’t keep our personal expectations and desires about an artist. Because the band or artist is still a person or a group of people who have their own desires and goals even the decisions are really bad, crazy or clueless, for example. It’s that old saying, what’s good for you might not be good for me.

Even knowing this, I personally stay neutral on this point, just trying to enjoy what they release :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Plastic Tree have probably been one of the most consistent bands in the scene, even if their stuff isn’t as good as the 90s/early 2000s releases anymore. I also appreciate the variety in the setlists of most shows, making it worth it to pay the streaming costs even if Ryutaro’s voice is hit and miss. $90 USD plus shipping is pretty steep though, so I’ll probably hold out waiting for the next PPP Blue Ray box.

2 Likes

Oh wow, don’t know how I missed this! It’s coming out so soon. The album artwork is beautiful and the tracklist sounds interesting.

But with the album being self-titled and all, I can’t help but wonder if this is it for them? To finish on a high note on their 30 year anniversary just makes sense to me.

I hope not. But I recall a statement somebody once made on this forum (I forget who), where someone from the band had made a remark about ‘entering their final stages’ and that was probably 3-4 years ago now.

I will write my review when get my copies and i will check the booklet, maybe they will let signs in this release. But it seems is their final stages, my wish is European tour before that.

1 Like