The individual pics ~

Vo. Ryutaro Arimura (有村竜太朗) :heart:

Gt. Akira Nakayama (ナカヤマ アキラ) :heart_eyes:

Ba. Tadashi Hasegawa (長谷川 正) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dr. Satou KENKEN (佐藤 ケンケン) :star_struck:

New Album「Plastic Tree」
個人アーティスト写真公開!#PlasticTree pic.twitter.com/qy0JRsPnHO

— プラスタッフ (@Pla_Staff) March 29, 2024

I’m in a very plastic tree era now and ready for their new releases.

I have relistened to all their albums and I see some better than others, of course, but not a “before 2000 they were better.” Nope

What they have done is adapt their genre in different eras, another thing is whether your musical taste goes through that era or not.

Before I didn’t like Utsusemi at all, for example, and now I think it’s a very good album, just as I think Shiro chronicle is difficult to swallow, although there are always good tracks on bad albums.

About the news, a lot of exclusive releases for the fanclub and some live shows that I try to like but Ryutaro and his live voice don’t convince me. I don’t hear him (just like his guitar, which is very difficult to appreciate)
I’m also a little dissatisfied with his solo career, since he has good releases, but few and he keeps singing the same 12/13 songs over and over again. I should work on more solo releases (I think)

Anyway, I’m only focusing on the negative, but it’s one of my favorite bands and I’m just a whiner hahahaha

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed. I LOVED his two mini-albums, but I want to hear more from him now.

I think there’s something to appreciate from every Pura album, but some are definitely more special to me than others.

1 Like

Plastic Tree will be at PHY Vol.25 mag, i am looking forward to know about what they will talk about the new release :heart_eyes:

【4月24日発売】
「PHY Vol.25」
撮り下ろし写真、バックカバー、インタビュー掲載決定!https://t.co/tINf630bwJ#PlasticTree pic.twitter.com/K9tHoIwxbc

— プラスタッフ (@Pla_Staff) April 8, 2024
1 Like

bros think they’re the Gorillaz

10 Likes

of course they are :sweat_smile: Plastic tree is from 93 and Gorillaz in 98 :rofl:

This is a part of content that will be on the limited version of the new album.

The four members talk about the 10 songs on the album and drinking, eating and talking about.

2 Likes

The first trailer of the song 「メルヘン」as MV is out!

【5月29日リリース】
NEW ALBUM「Plastic Tree」から「メルヘン」ティザー映像公開!

早期予約は2024年4月21日(日)23:59 までとなります。#PlasticTree pic.twitter.com/ydsoVyiCsD

— プラスタッフ (@Pla_Staff) April 20, 2024
1 Like

Cute song! I don’t expect anything “new” but that’s totally fine because all I want personally from any new Plastic Tree record is that trademark cozy shoegazy feel and that’s what I’m getting from the preview~

1 Like

[tracklist]
1.ライムライト
2.ざわめき
3.no rest for the wicked
4.ゆうえん
5.シカバネーゼ
6.宵闇
7.Invisible letter
8.痣花
9.メルヘン
10.夢落ち

6 Likes

Dreamy. I love it.

The song 「メルヘン」 will be played on NACK5 BEAT SHUFFLE on 04/26.

I am looking forward to hear the full song :heart:

4月26日(金)放送のNACK5「BEAT SHUFFLE」にて5月29日発売NEW ALBUM「Plastic Tree」より、「メルヘン」が初オンエア決定!

詳細は以下よりご確認ください。https://t.co/2FO90oknDQ#PlasticTree pic.twitter.com/E352FlaP6l

— プラスタッフ (@Pla_Staff) April 24, 2024

Ryutaro and Tadashi will be on Radio show 「60TRY部」 on 05/08
I hope hear another new song :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

ゲスト情報更新しました!
5/8(水)#PlasticTree#try1422 https://t.co/VuCQ5sTma2

— 🌈🌸🍡60TRY部 🌈🌸🍡 (@try1422) May 1, 2024

~ Update

“Meruhen” and “Invisible letter” was played :heart:

6 Likes

The previews sound kinda boring so far, but I’ll reserve judgement for the full songs.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed what I heard seems promising !

Its a whole lot of nothing. They’ve held on to this very generic and boring sound for years now, and it’s disappointing.

That’s harsh. I hear a lot of diversity on these samples.

Maybe you just don’t like this band, which is fine, but it doesn’t mean it’s generic and boring.

1 Like

As i said before…

It sounds like the style they’ve had since dooradore. I don’t dislike anything, just the same as always, I see that they are whispered songs and you won’t hear Ryutaro live.
I didn’t know that Kenken composed for the band, is this his debut or has he already written any songs prior to these?

2 Likes