Random thoughts thread

Forgot to celebrate Lyrical Sympathy 15th anniversary this year what was I thinking :confounded:

1 Like

vk.gy should have a filter for duos.

1 Like

war bad, peace good, greed bad, eat rich

1 Like

When listening to vk, does anyone else do that weird arm flail-y dance that was really prevalent in older PVs by vocalists with no sense of rhythm? No? Just me? Okay. :rofl:

4 Likes

My life is a fanfiction, Jesus fcking Christ

2 Likes

Listening to Bro History has really gotten me interested in World War I. I’ll eventually watch All Quiet on the Western Front.

I’ve been learning Japanese casually for about two months now, just through free apps and youtube videos and googling stuff, but since I’ve been listening to VK for a few years now, it’s been full of little revelations and fun moments.

Like, very early in duolingo, you learn the name 田中 and the word 名前 and I was listening to a song by Under Fall Justice, and wait, the singer’s name is Maeda Airo, and I can read his family name 前田 now? Damn! Or, seeing a simple IG update from doctor Naoki where he says こんにちは お元気ですか? and I can just read it now? Dude! Or my ear picking up a line in ZERA’s XIDE SCOPE going さようなら愛しい人よ, and holy shit, I can understand that?! I also added japanese keyboard to my windows and turns out typing is quite easy (the Japanese IME almost feels like cheating LOL), but now I can just search for bands with their names easily, like I can just type 黒百合と影 and how cool is that??

Anyway, I’m having fun with this. おやすみなさい everyone.

14 Likes

welcome to the world of community management, people at the top rarely will let you do your job
(i need to add that I am extremely lucky to work in a place where I am allowed to do my job, but if ya need some resources and invites for video game CM servers hit me up, they are great for support and venting)

Never fall for bandomen never fall for bandomen never fall for… oh.… ooooh, well.

1 Like

Who? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ugh… ugh… friend’s band member?? 80s underground bandoman, anyway…

1 Like

cmon I am tried of searching.

@zeus and every other mod out there (lol I wouldn’t be able to name everyone so I am only naming @zeus cuz they posted the helpful info topic and maybe I should mention @nick too for good measure) : so I get that you can’t delete accounts, but REALLY can’t you mass-delete posts at least? I only wanted my posts in this topic to be deleted because I didn’t talk about my psychiatrist elsewhere (and this is the random thoughts thread so it’s not as if anyone will miss any relevant conversation in case they are deleted anyway) .

Also sorry this isn’t the adequate place but I ve been doing this for days in diff comms and am exhausted because each comm uses a different system. And I don’t have discord so

I’m not sure if there is but I got the last few for now.

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t share too much private stuff. Not even here or on pages that are mainly followed by my friends. There’s an old saying “the internet never forgets” - even if your info or posts can be deleted there is a possibility that it was archived (or remembered by someone) in some way and can come back to haunt you. Also many sites and their software backends make it hard to get rid of your data on purpose.

Maybe it’s also because I’m extremely introvert and an old fart. But when I first started going online staying anonymous and not oversharing was really important to me. That’s why I never really bothered with facebook or using twitter as my personal diary. The thought of revealing intimate information to potential strangers (who may not have the best interests in their minds) is just very horrifying to me. The last thing I want is someone to doxx me or to recognize me in real life from the internet.

6 Likes

Are all of these acrylic keychain stands really that popular or is it a trend because nearly every band that sells merch on a store has them. :thinking:

1 Like

Arent the acrylic keychains and arcylic stands a trend they took over from the kpop corner?

1 Like

I also noticed every band may sell cheki, but not that many actually sell cases to put them all in.

My seemingly-failed attempt to buy Taylor Swift tickets was a nightmare, but this was pretty nice

(also daily reminder that Ticketmaster fucking blows, my presale code did not work lmao)

I picked out a bunch of shifts a few weeks ago thinking that “it’ll probably be fine” but today was the first day and I hated it :expressionless:
I’ve been thinking how the past couple of years my seasonal depression hasn’t been that bad but this year it seems to be back with a vengeance and it’s only November, I don’t even want to think what kind of mental state I’m gonna be in come January… :weary:

At least your queue seems to be moving? I saw ticketmaster trending on twitter and apparently for a lot of people the queue has been paused/frozen.
I hope you get tickets! :dancer:

1 Like