Random thoughts thread

Lol, yes, that’s what I meant by “HYDE was probably a better guess”. :wink:

1 Like

We had the strongest earthquake in about 10 years last night. I’m in Tokyo, but even here it was pretty strong and especially long.

They say it probably was an aftershock of the one in 2011, which caused the tsunami disaster back then.

3 Likes

At least there wasn’t a tsunami this time, but Japan really is the country of natural disasters.

It’s a thin strip of high ground pressed right up against the edge of several fault lines. Both major plates (Eurasian and Pacific) are pushing against each other, with Japan right in the middle.

Ari Gold died of cancer today. </3 I’ve long forgot about this song, but this mv really threw me back to the days when I discovered a gay channel on TV called Logo. A mindfuck for my closeted 12 year old self at the time. Good fucking times, man. ;w;

1 Like

What the fuck did I just watch

1 Like

I just want my boyfriends attention lmao

4 Likes

Thought I was entering my password on a log in box, but I accidentally sent it on a work meeting chat with a global team and a bunch of management people in it. Now everyone knows I call a certain character from FF14 my husband.:pensive:

11 Likes

I was reading one of my Rock and Reads on the bus and I was wondering if any Japanese exchange students would ask me about it but instead, a 40-year-old (man was balding) 300 pound (took up 2 seats) weeaboo (facemask had Lucky Star characters on it) stared me down for most of the ride. I’m so glad I could bury my face in my book :sob:

3 Likes

At some point I lost a lot of music and I don’t remember how. I almost lost my copy of THE EIGHT’s illational, and all the links are dead for that one. This is disturbing me greatly as i’m going through great lengths to preserve my music. A lot of this stuff will never be on Spotify. Ultimately, my music will live on in other people’s libraries, and MEGA for as long as MEGA allows. I find it crazy how we obsessed over rarez for years, yet the stuff that’s become truly rare are things that I think should be easy to find. Too many dead links on the internet these days :frowning: . Who knows? You could be the last person in the scene with that copy of that album from 2006, you should share it just because. That’s how I feel, anyway.

4 Likes

I was having a little meltdown when my laptop was taken to repairs and they wiped the hdd (i couldn’t do a back-up because didn’t have a spare 500 gb hdd at the time and it didn’t turn on anyway), so much shit I ripped back in the day that either was at my parents’ place, or was downloaded back in 2005 from people who bought bunch of rare shit and upped it, but have since retired from VK essentially vanishing from this side of the internet

I was sad but it also reminded me not to get too attached to sentimental teen music and stan kylie, available from all major retailers in retrospect :frowning:

I sometimes wonder if any of semi-decent labels i.e. king recs would ever see potential in buying out a whole back catalog from those defunct 90s/2000s labels to put it up online for us weebs or that part of the scene will be lost forever at some point

2 Likes

Is Jigsaw around here?

I haven’t seen him on here, no. If you need to talk to him I’ve seen him on Last.fm and Twitter, though

Yeah, it’s interesting, isn’t it? Imagine if a bunch of these streaming storefronts and upload services just suddenly close down one day, deleting everyone’s libraries. This is why I’m trying to get physical copies of all the music I truly care about. If you remember, last year I was really pissed off at Dir en grey for only releasing their latest single digitally with only a limited physical edition that 99% of fans were completely locked out of. Thankfully, in this case it seems like it may eventually get a wider release, but there are plenty of other bands who are just so obscure that their CDs are impossible to obtain legitimately. I’ve come across music that I love and find it’s already out of print, and after contacting the band find that there’s no plan to reprint. In those cases, the only way to own the music is through file sharing. The whole situation’s pretty complicated…

1 Like

I said back in MH that I was lucky to have been a VK fan for years and have never seen the naked picture of Kisaki but I just saw and oh my dear God it’s worse than I thought

7 Likes

Not even! They’d just have to lose the rights to the music they’ve already got on their service. It would accomplish the same thing.

I buy too much video games and most of the time I don’t play them after one hour in. I looked into my PS5 account and looked at all the games I play and a lot have less than 1 hour in XD. Scared the shit out of me.

1 Like

I am amazed how older people think yelling louder at their phone will make them hear the other person better while on speaker phone.

1 Like

what’s your furitsuke for this bop, sisters?

3 Likes

Bro if you don’t wanna talk to me just TELL me lmaoooo, your lack of interest is so apparent its almost hilarious.

2 Likes