RAZOR - SAMURAIソードMAN

1 Like
5 Likes

Feels like quite a ‘safe’ song (especially considering the edgy title and photos) but congrats to them for making it on TV, not an easy thing for VK artists these days outside of niche interviews and stuff. I enjoyed the last single though, so here’s hoping for some more interesting stuff on the B-sides.

2 Likes

man the censored middle finger is hilarious (in a pretty cringe way)

I still love this group but man, they just get too poppy while getting less cooherent and catchy melodies which are like the main selling point of pop songs.

2 Likes

You just described the back half of BORN for me.

2 Likes

0:30 ayoooo ryoga :wink: If you see it, you’re like me :smiley:

The B-Sides this time are pretty great something going close to the great B-sides in their early days. The A-Side is also a better „grower“ than the last tracks.
I look forward what they will bring with the next releases.

It’s songs like this that make me wish that old school born was still a thing :frowning:

Otherwise it’s expected this band would go in this direction. Hopefully the B-Sides sound better.

1 Like

Super milquetoast release. Not a fan. Maybe it’s Tsurugi, but RAZOR’s inconsistent quality of releases reminds me of Sadie. So many hits, so many misses.

1 Like

What is it with vkei bands and “man” songs? Like there are so many more interesting English words you could use than man…

Samurai sword man
Stuck man
Mr terror man
Mr newsman

• sure there are more… haha.
1 Like

Flashback the Newsman (Kein)
Vogue Man (Goatbed)
Saikin Man (Zombie)
the hanged man (More)
dinnerMan (Zon)
invisible Man (Scapegoat)
Headache Man (The gazette)

Damn, classic tragic RAZOR release with an unimpressive A-side but very solid B-sides (Suiren is such a banger). I still stan, but they’re not making it easier haha.

2 Likes

I think they are doing that on purpose to keep some fans interested and also experiment with there autotune pop non-sense thingy they got going on.

2 Likes

They sound more and more like Born

I wish! As a diehard BORN fan, this ain’t it.
They truly need a break or something, it’s getting tired

As much as I do like this band I kinda agree. I feel the frequency of stuff coming out lately has been pretty insane but the quality of the tracks are suffering a bit. Still like what they have put out but feel if they took more time they could really come up with something great. Not to mention the chorus of Gravity Emotion and New World are basically the same. Haha.

2 Likes

Probably late years of born but fully. Believe it or not 80% of born’s lifespan didnt have the auto tuning and all that other stuff.

stares intently in Sakura ~floating house remix~, felony, and white harmony

BORN had all of that stuff, just spread over different tracks. They didn’t delve into the dance/EDM territory fully until…after KIFUMI left? At some points, it feels like other BORN members were humoring someone’s dance tendencies but to a point, and now that we’re going down the same road again I can’t help but if Ryouga himself pushes this sound.

Lol yea I’m not saying it’s not there. Just most of born wasn’t that stuff is basically my point. So course they had those tracks and yea kifumi leaving was tragic. I remember the vocalist announced that the reason for born’s disbandment was because he had change in musical direction which I assume that what razor is and his changes in that direction. I assume technically all those great born songs and classics we all love I guess he wasn’t feeling it after a while. Idk just speculating :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Either way I’m getting a bit off topic but I just figured to highlight that razor has changed since their formation I like old razor. Even that remixing complication album sounded off to me.

1 Like

As someone who has never listened to Born, it’s funny you say that as people are always comparing Razor to their stuff, saying like “this sounds like Born!” So seems weird he wasnt feeling their stuff yet continues to do stuff in Razor that sounds similar. Guess if Ryoga has some input into the sound then that will happen naturally.