Reborn but Worse (Artists that reformed into worse bands)

Couldn’t think of a better title but lets discuss bands that broke up but members went on to form a new groups that were a lot worse.

My first choice is Shounenki, maybe I’m a bit biased because they’re a favourite of mine and although they were quite hit or miss they always remained interesting. They reformed in to Amai Bouryoku with all but the bassist and honestly the spark is gone. Sure they have the odd interesting element but it’s never enough to carry any single track and the rapping parts were used sparingly in Shounenki but they seem to be in almost every Amai track.

3 Likes

Koichi and Tsuzuku from Mejibray immediately popped up into my head. They are duo, but that probably counts :sweat:

I will think about others (if I’m not lazy)

12 Likes

hmmm lemme think…

downgraded to:

to

worst offender out of them all:

to Mika wasting time and talent at

I probably can think of another couple examples, but they’re a bit more banal (pierrot → angelo would be on the list for sure.)

I rly miss shounenki too. tbh they had the potential to make indie scene fun again, but something didn’t work out in the process, idk why.

6 Likes

to

What a fucking travesty. The first time I saw/heard them live I became visibly angry because of how much of a heart breaking let down of a band this is.

4 Likes

I actually hated Lycaon, tbh, but I’m a bit shocked that no one mentioned INITIAL’L.

5 Likes

oh i’m surprised someone else mentions these guys
丐 was way too interesting & weird a vocalist to be wasted on one perfectly average & one flop band like these…

esp this track makes me think w/ a better backing band he could’ve compared to Tzk

1 Like

deep breath
Ryouga and Kouryuu… in RAZOR

2 Likes

I loved BORN and hate RAZOR with a passion.

6 Likes

DELUHI to Breakin’Holiday, even the name feels off. And after being industry veterans the arrangement and mixing sounds like any newbie band.

6 Likes

I would go with Deluhi>Far East Dizain, imo

2 Likes

+1 for Sukekiyo but with 9Goats as the counterpart:

7 Likes

カラット

to

the Rhedoric

Called≠Plan

to

UnRealistic

ヴィドール

to

GOTCHAROCKA

キャンゼル

to

★NOハウス

RUVISH

to

CHOKE

(some more biased picks below)

LANDZ

to

ソニックデスモンキー

DIV

to

ACME/アクメ

Anli Pollicino

to

極東ロマンス

POIDOL & LEZARD

to

VINANSHI

8 Likes

vidoll was my thought too but it hurt too much to put in words

7 Likes

アリス九號

to

A9

11 Likes

This: Lycaon - Royal Order - YouTube

To this: Initial`L 2nd Single VISION Music Video Full ver - YouTube

3 Likes

That’s a different band? I thought it was just a rebranding. :open_mouth:

RENTRER EN SOI at their peak

to

Satsuki’s solo career

23 Likes

Going from Fatima to Moran was one of the biggest disappointments. I stayed pissed for a long ass time after that (especially cause I was still butthurt over Fatima’s kaisan) and avoided the band because it just made me miss Fatima more. The music wasn’t even bad, it was just… so absolutely not the same in any way. Maybe someday I’ll give them a second chance lol

2 Likes

well it is a different band now. their bassist got the f. out of there, which is also their most recent note-worthy development, since they didn’t announce a full-time replacement.

I completely forgot they even existed at this point and, like, I listen to lycaon on the reg…

I was sitting there thinking of a smart way to reword “how many times have ayabie downgraded throughout their career harrr harrr”

2 Likes

Both bands are great, but Raphael > rice

vs

6 Likes