Regarding Yohio

Thank you for the in-depth analysis Disposan! I actually learned quite a few things from it.

1 Like

Please do write that post - it sounds immensely interesting!

Ironic because I remember Seike telling me Yohio had nothing to do with Seremedy’s disbandment. But Seike was also equally a dick to me so honestly this whole thing doesn’t surprise me lol

I live in Japan and have a lot of friends in the scene and vkei guys are some of the most racist people out there, all the while loving western rock music. None of them think white people are vkei, they just won’t say it to your face. I’ve heard lots of trash talk about korean and chinese vkei and yes i’ve heard japanese onry a lot
but good for you for being oblivious.

2 Likes

Perhaps show some evidence before making sweeping blanket statements like this about the entire scene?

2 Likes

Some bandmen are racist, some are not, some people have different experiences with different bandmen. I’ve experienced both sides. I don’t think most except for a few like Hakuei really even think that deeply about the scene. Most literally say “It’s just music”.

Hell, let’s be real, a lot of them are in the scene because it’s easy to get chicks. It’s the age-old reason for learning guitar

9 Likes

100% this. Generalisations don’t exist for the most part because people are complex individuals who have differing personal tastes and opinions.

My advice to anyone who only knows racist people would be to find better friends who aren’t racists, unless you can tolerate that kind of behaviour.

Can we please stop talking about racism now?

5 Likes

I have a feeling threads like this are why Yohio hasn’t went into total obscurity by now. We can all admit, that he’s a has-been, since the train for foreign VK bands has long left the station. The guy most likely benefits from us weebs talking shit about him on forums, social media, etc . That’s as much recognition he will get and I bet my ass on it is the reason why he makes those stupid attention seeking tweets. He knows we idiots will eat it up.

4 Likes

I literally went ahead to double-check because something similar was on my mind reading this thread, and indeed good sis Yahoo.io and damlam are the most discussed artists on this board at the moment

we don’t give a shit about vk and adjacent music anymore, the clownery is what we lust for

7 Likes

naw nothing about being oblivious, have been in the nightwork world for 7 years so there is no typical ć»ș才 filter when talking to fans or people connected in the scene in that world when they are drunk as F###. Have I encountered younger little racist a-holes in the scene? yah of course. funny stories there. but those are just the typical humans with complexes just like anywhere else.
Have the honor to always hang out with people from the proto 80s era, to the 90s and on era, have heard lots of cute stories of them respecting the western roots. Miyabi from Gellonimo being super happy about Tommy Lee basically telling him to F off because he is the god of the genre was a favorite xD. Rem from Yokosuka Saver Tiger and I have had some great talks about that too, had some good talks with other street rockers era vk roots guys about respecting black american music roots even for the source of all rock when talking about BLM stuff in America going on. But younger vkei guys youngins/crap vk bandmen/menhera idols are def all around, but do not let their complexes make you oblivious to the other side of the coin too! Hell, I am in the scene so I can tell you better than anyone I know about the turds in it, but there are lots of great people who view it all the same and in my experiences the pros are often as such because they have got a good head on em and a good heart too ^_~

8 Likes

to sum up his career, sis did a Mediamarkt opening ceremony

4 Likes

his live vocals are actually really good rofl

2 Likes

No joke, I wasn’t expecting that. If I didn’t hear him inhale here and there I’d think he was lip-syncing.

2 Likes

i disagree. its not just ‘oh then we can give the vk card to anyone’ or ‘anything goes’. its this culture that inspired him and this scene he means to contribute back to, for that reason hes has infleunce and presence here. hence why we discuss it

lichrally

i genuinely believe this type ov stuff is its own cultural moment and a lot ov you are severely suffeirng from internalised cringephobia

song is super catchy. I remember seeing him in Popeye and Men’s Non-No back in the day :slight_smile:

I don’t like this if truth be told; it might be the worst hakuei involvement out of his long career, particularly, having his own opinion against white VK in mind, but there was some potential, I guess.