Regarding Yohio

Did you read the original tweet? lol

What if I changed the wording and replaced the word white with black and tweeted it to a black person? Would that sound racist then?

2 Likes

it actually exists precisely in this very specific scenario of being a racial minority in a localized mono-national scene :') in an inherently xenophobic society no less

4 Likes

Oh shit
 and here we go again :expressionless:

Yohio reading his racist mentions be like:

1 Like

To end this conversation:

White people can indeed face stereotypical assumptions based on their skin colour and hence encounter racial prejudice. But this cannot be called racism, because of the inherent systemic imbalance of power between those with lighter skin colour and people of colour.

Racial prejudice can affect people on an individual level, but it would not have the same effect on a larger social and cultural level because it is only when stereotypes are bolstered by power, such as through a eurocentric model of thinking, that it creates systemic and structural racism and oppression that people of colour have encountered throughout history.

Now let’s move on to a different subject.

I think racial discussions are better suited to the blue-birdy platform seeing as they are prone to looping endlessly and escalating quickly.

So since we’re unlikely to change each other’s socio-political views in a jrock forum, how about sharing your opinions on Yohio’s new single/PV

11 Likes

“What if I changed the wording and replaced the word white with black and tweeted it to a black person?”

That is a strawman argument/whataboutism actually.

“Would that sound racist then?”

Yup, pretty much. Why? Because in history white people have never been victim of systemic racism and caused genocides on Black people. Never vice versa. White people were never oppressed, they were always the oppressors.

5 Likes

If you are referring to Japan: When were white people enslaved by Japanese or victim of a genocide? Can’t remember that specific history lesson. I never said Japan wasn’t an inherently nationalist/racist/xenophobic society

1 Like

heres the deleted tweets

2 Likes

may I ask if your school curriculum deliberately skipped over ww2 and particularly the japanese participation in it?.. hello???

10 Likes

@platy has the right idea.

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to it yet. Didn’t even know there was one coming out.

That’s the 21st century for you, great philosophers risking their lives by stating their views on Twatter :anguished:

Oh yeah, I’ll be getting rid of any further replies as per my previous post

10 Likes

Ironic that he can’t see that he’s already committing character assassination on himself every time he opens his mouth.

6 Likes

A theory
What
 if that rubbish he said on twitter was on purpose? You know, to get more people to know about him, talk about him etc
He just released a new single right? So getting people to talk about you, even negative can still bring new or more fans
 :woman_shrugging:But maybe i am just interpreting too much

1 Like

I was living in a nutshell, didn’t know that Yohio and Marduk were related somehow.lol
That shit just made me smile.

It’s pretty random, but Widigs was kind of a session musician for hire so, if he isn’t a weeb they probably knew him through Yohimbe’s dad’s label business and that’s how they snatched him. After he left Marduk he was again selling his services for some time, but now he just does visual art as far as I know.

1 Like

wait, I didn’t get it, Yohio played on a nazi band Wolfsschanze or was it someone else?

Literally from the start of his Swedish career he said phenomenally stupid things like not allowing his sister to grow up a whore

Of course he wouldn’t let his sister grow up a whore, he’d been doing it since at least 2011, and it’s no ideal career path
(just had to put the video for the thumbnail lol)

Marduk was pretty cool back in 99 I guess heh

1 Like

No, Fredrik Widigs played there after he had played with Yohio (and was also found to have ordered stickers, the party policy of the “Nordic Resistance Movement”, as well as the books “GrundlĂ€ggande raslĂ€ra [The Basics of Racial Doctrine]” and “Sionismen - det dolda förtrycket [Sionism - the Hidden Oppression]” from a local Nazi organization). Yohio wasn’t involved at all, from what I can see.

3 Likes