REITA (the GazettE) passed away 4/15/2024

The gazette just tweeted that Reita passed away on 4/15. Actually can’t believe this, I thought it was a joke. What the actual fuck? Rest in piece, I hope the members are okay. He will be missed :heart:

Edit: English post as well.

24 Likes

Rest in peace. You will be missed.

11 Likes

Fucking hell. R.I.P :sob: .

Wasn’t the most ardent fan of theirs, but the GazettE were one of the bands that got me into visual kei in my teens.

9 Likes

This is so sad. One of the biggest icons of the Neo Visual Kei, such a nice guy.

It makes me crazy to think about the tweet he made yesterday.

“I wish the GazettE last forever”.

That hurts.

22 Likes

I am in shock. The GazettE were one of my favourite bands in my teenage years. Is it just me or was this really unexpected? What a great loss. Rest in peace :broken_heart:

7 Likes

This is the hardest musician death I have ever had to face, he is part of the band that inspired me to make music. I’m at a loss for words, rest in peace king, you have left a huge mark on people all over the world through your passion and your incredible contribution to music, you shall not be forgotten

21 Likes

Man what the fuck. R. I. P. Reita.

4 Likes

This was the first thing I thought of too :frowning: makes me wonder if he knew what was going on? This one really hits hard though, I hope everyone is okay :heart:

4 Likes

What the fuck…??
This one hits hard, have been following them since their indie days…

8 Likes

:cry::cry:

1 Like

wtf… no joke?

https://twitter.com/gazette05Reita/status/1779583044674052593?t=u03gwOA6U0qzM2mUBob4Ug&s=19

1 Like

No joke staff and the members are confused as well

4 Likes

RIP REITA. May he rest in peace.

I’m in shock too. He is gone way too early. This is such a huge loss to Visual Kei.

9 Likes

Damn. If that is true… oh my god.

Ouch, what terrible, unexpected news. I’m grateful that I had a chance to shake his hand once.

4 Likes

dont say stuff like that. We dont know what happened staff and even The Gazette members don’t know what happen this isn’t the time to spread rumors.

13 Likes

He could’ve been ill and that tweet would still make sense. Anyways, no speculation please.

6 Likes

Holy shit?? I am completely shocked. This is extremely saddening. The Gazette was a big part of myself getting into visual kei back in the days and I know for many others as well. Still love them dearly. Rest in peace Reita :heart:

14 Likes

this will be really hard to process…

way too young, and it doesn’t feel right at all, with their music finally picking up steam again. it’s like they were meant to achieve so much more together, but given how private this band has always been, it’s hard to say anything else.

RIP.

9 Likes

Ah rest in peace Reita :disappointed_relieved:. It’s a very sad news.

3 Likes