REITA (the GazettE) passed away 4/15/2024

Damn

unexpected. I see that they haven’t said causes or anything. I just got a little shocked. too young. I don’t know what the gazette will do in circumstances like this.

2 Likes

Like someone has already said do not speculate we dont know what happened and it’s not our place to know we don’t know the Gazette we are not even remotely close to them in terms of a family don’t say stuff like that.

6 Likes

Holy cow, this is something I totally did not expect… R.I.P. king, he’s been there practically all the way since my discovering vk all those years ago, feels very strange to know he’s no longer with us.

6 Likes

for a while , i hope this is april mop

They said themselves in another news letter they don’t want fans speculating or assuming anything, please listen to the bands wishes.

10 Likes

I heard through here? I’m sorry I’m not following every update closely?

1 Like

For a guy that started in visual kei in the middle 07 he was quite a person. so sad. gonna miss him. His bassline in silly god disco makes that song one of my favorite of gazette.

7 Likes

This statement comes very early from japanese standards. Recently we’ve lost Sakamoto, Sakurai, Heath and many others and the annoucement comes at least a week later.

In the same week they are realising a dvd from his last live at budokan. Pretty weird.
May he rest in peace and his family and friends find a way to keep going. There’s no place for human nature in this shit scene.

3 Likes

finding out about japanese music through some obscure anime magazine in the early 2000s brought me to the gazette. i would listen to the gazette for hours and hours and boy did i love some reita. god… :frowning:

5 Likes

Some think, but that information is nowhere to be seen nor confirmed.

3 Likes

Ruki just lost his dog Koron-Chan this month too, life is cruel and unfair. So sad, I hope all the members and staff are holding up as best as they can.

16 Likes

god, this is hitting me like when atsushi passed. i’m still in denial. this is unbelievable… the gazette was practically everyone’s intro to visual kei , in the 2000s… rest easy, reita.

11 Likes

Not reita!! ( ಥ _ ಥ ) Reita my favorite band member is gone. I wish the members to stay strong cause its like loosing a brother/friend.

May rest in peace Reita.

Thank you for giving me all smiles on my face and being part of an amazing band. :dove::rose:

4 Likes

Eh, weighing up deaths is pretty weird.

14 Likes

Why it’s always the funniest one :cry: RIP

3 Likes

let’s wait a bit before jumping to conclusions.

Very sad, RIP Reita.

1 Like

Everybody is free to express their grief and sadness here, but this is not the place to talk about rumors.
Any further speculations on the cause of his death will be immediately deleted.

27 Likes

I’m not making some list. Just saying he was a big name worldwide for anyone that started listinening visual kei in 2000’s, he surely will leave a big hole and impact in all of us.

Just glad I could see him live for once.

3 Likes