ryo (HOLLOWGRAM, DALLE) and karyu (ex-D'espairsRay) new unit "H.U.G" has formed

Vo. ryo (ex-GULLET → 9GOATS BLACK OUT → HOLLOWGRAM, DALLE, TAG), Gt. karyu (ex-D’espairsRay → Angelo) and Manip. 横山和俊 (Kazutoshi Yokoyama) (TAG) new unit “H.U.G” has formed

“H.U.G” stands for “Hyper Undead Genius”

they will perfom at Luv PARADE sponsored event “DEVIL’S PARTY 2022 Vol.2” at 2022/09/08 at Spotify O-EAST

https://twitter.com/hug_official89

15 Likes

Who needs DÄLLE when you have ryo and fucking Karyu. Now I wonder what’s up with the status of his solo project.

3 Likes

Omg a collaboration like a dream!
Some D‘espa sound with the amazing voice of ryo? Call me in an take all of my money

Worst bandname ever by the way :joy:

6 Likes

Karyu Session BAND released 2 demo with Ryo as guest vo. too,previews sound nice!

2 Likes

Do they give free hugs? :eyes:

3 Likes

CALLED IT! I love how this is kinda random but also kinda not–Gullet and D’espairsray had some twomans and taibans together. D’espa’s older sound wasn’t even too far from gullet, so I’d love to hear the two of them reviving that early 2000s goth metal thing.

3 Likes

D’espa and 9goats collab? Mad hype!

But the real question is, Tsukasa Enka collab when?

3 Likes

Takeo ( Angelo, ex Pierrot ) and Naoki ( ex. Kagrra ) will join the band as session members for lives shows ,if I understand correctly.

This line-up is freakin amazing. If I was in Japan I would definitely go to the shows.

5 Likes

Holy shit, now I really want to see this.

1 Like

This should not be a session band… it’s so cool

They just upped the live performance of their new song “HEART” on Youtube!

Sounds pretty nice.

12 Likes

I can actually stomach Ryo in this, and he sounds great live. Karyu is so obviously in the zone with this composition, I’m hyped.

(LOL @ pre-recorded drums, but the keyboard guy doing that single metal clack thing live)

1 Like

Cool song, sounds fresh.

Gonna sound amazing with Takeo and Naoki…

This is SO good. Awesome line up!

1 Like

Agree. Not big on DALLE but I love this!

I think this is such a dull composition, but it’s my fault for expecting something like gullet/old despa.

1 Like

My ‘brilliant’ idea is that S’espa should reform with a relationship with a slight role change and Tsukasa can sing enka. Ahem.

The beginning reminds me so much of a Despa song but I just can’t remember the name.

final call has similar structure, but karyu’s compositions have a trademark sound. this could be an angelo song.

3 Likes

Yes he kind of has his signature as a composer. But to hear Ryo in these kind of tracks is the surprising and interesting part.

2 Likes