Similar Songs

Currently questioning your sanity

Youre right
Its the wrong song :person_facepalming:
:bowing_man: Sorry
But doesn’t the song from razor sound at some parts like a song of despairsray?? (I can’t remember which one anymore thou)

Or maybe i am really going insane :exploding_head::woozy_face:

1 Like

I don’t hear it either. Doesn’t sound like any D’espairsRay song I know of, but Ryouga sounds a bit like Hizumi at some parts. I’d love to see them actually cover one of their songs.

1 Like

Maybe thats the part that betrayed me :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

But thanks for correcting me, ya all.

DEZERT on the other hand did lift Despa’s Garnet’s chorus for this song:

9 Likes

As soon as I heard Tsumi I thought of 꽃 by XIA.

2 Likes

Now I know why Unsraw’s song is so familiar.

2 Likes

I just noticed but “smells like love” by hurts (released in 2007)…

…reminds me so much of “Zombie” by The Cranberries (1994). Something about the whole structure and atmosphere (ofc hurts’ song is a lot more rudimentary).

And another one that was under my nose the whole time but I only just realized: the bridge/pre-chorus of “RAIN” by Silver~Rose (1991)…

…is practically the same as the chorus of “The Passion of Lovers” by Bauhaus (1981)! :smiley:

3 Likes

Gackt copied one of his own songs, although both are similar the chorus is a dead giveaway

Road:

Flower:

nah you are not imagining it. I’m not that familiar with razor, but the live you’ve posted sounds like a cover of despas mediocre major-but-trying-it-again phase ca. monsters with a hint of electronic intro from born:

I also don’t get what’s going on with Ryoga’s voice, he sings in five different styles and I did not expect him to pull out a Hizumi cosplayer live on top of what I usually hear omg

1 Like

I don’t hear anything in it but New World was the song that got me into saving Razor as good band and I’m a hardcore Despa fan, sooo maybe?

I’m sure this is old news (90s DEG copping Kuroyume? never) but

Miss MOONLIGHT - Kuroyume

I’ll - Dir en grey

Got big “I’ve heard this song before” vibes while listening to Feminism earlier

5 Likes

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

14 Likes

This is one of the few that was obvious enough for even me to notice. Like, it was so noticeable that the song - which was the title track from the release and the MV track - ended up getting removed from streaming services, the MV was taken down and I believe they stopped selling the CD in stores as well?

It’s a shame, because it was actually the song that got me interested in ROTTENGRAFFTY. I like BOOWY a lot, so sounding like them is certainly not a negative in my eyes. :sweat_smile:

ROTTENGRAFFTY - Life is Beautiful x BOOWY - Cloudy Heart

2 Likes

Haha, I love this, good catch! (I don’t listen to ROTTENGRAFFTY so never would have known)

Found an interesting overlap on turntable today.

The riff at ~2:00 in Firestorm by Loudness sounds a lot like the riff during the verses of Byou Shin by Dir en grey.

Hey Y’all! Something that I’ve always noticed is that the Opening Riff to L’Arc~en~Ciel’s hit song “Driver’s High”, and the Guitar solo that Sugizo does in the Luna Sea Song ROSIER are strangely quite resembling of each other:

:thinking:

Is it just me or does Shazna’s Tokyo Ballet reference the Twin Peaks theme?

2 Likes

Ooooh interesting find! :eyes: Actually, it looks like the SHAZNA song is sort of a semi-cover of / heavily based on Masami Tsuchiya’s 1985 single “Tokyo Ballet”!

Funnily enough, I only knew of the Masami Tsuchiya + SHAZNA connection via their cover of “Sumire September Love”, originally by Tsuchiya’s former band Ippu-do. Guess Izam must rly like his tunes!

2 Likes

While trying to glean information from a machine-translated Cali Gari interview (here,) I found that “Sakeme no Me” from 15 takes cues in the guitar part from “Jesus” and “Rosier,” both by Luna Sea.

3 Likes