Similar Songs

The riff that plays at 00:20 in DIR EN GREY’s DOZING GREEN is verrry similar to the main riff in Pink Floyd’s Let There Be More Light.

2 Likes

NOWHEREGIRL! YOU HAVE SOLVED A MYSTERY OF MINE THAT’S PLAGUED ME FOR YEARS. HERE’S A COOKIE :

On another note, I always felt the riff to “Empty room” by Sadie was hella familiar, but I could never place it…

1 Like
2 Likes

I doubt this was intentional, but I remember Japanese fans going “That’s ‘Shock’!” in the comments when this collab came out.

1 Like

You’ll be surprised to find that Közi re-arranged that Wink song for Kaya’s cover album “Dress” and guess what it sounded like :joy:

2 Likes

Suddenly remembered that Dimlim really sampled a club song for Shochou

6 Likes

These intros be sounding hella sus. SCREW got some explaining to do

Falling up - Exhibition (2005)

SCREW - Lower World (2010)

3 Likes

The whole instrumental is copy-paste from deg but with little changes…

2 Likes

Xepher’s lost eyes is very similar to Diaura’s Sirius

DIAURA - Sirius

XEPHER - Lost eyes

The first few seconds of Chuuzuri shoujo is like the circus version of the annoying dog theme :')

1 Like

Might be a coincidence, but the synth melody in Phantasmagoria’s SE track Moonlight Revival ~into the Phantasmagoria~ is similar to the synth background melody in Garden of Delight’s song Winter coffin. The former was first released in late 2004, the latter came out a year before in 2003.

3 Likes

The Chorus from DEVILOOF’s Escape,
Is huge similar to Okui Masami’s SHUFFLE!

This is a parody band, and the single is called “Copyright Infringement,” so, very intentional with this one.

Is just an amalgamation of this

And this

With a bit of I’ll and maybe something else sprinkled on top

2 Likes

I think you also can add Zan (0:26-0:44)

1 Like

The choruses are similar. Guess it’s not surprising since Manson is the most copied artist in VK.

2 Likes

What a find! I was listening to this yesterday!

1 Like

i need y’all to listen to the first 40 seconds of both songs, the guitar beat and the screaming vocals, and tell me it’s not the same. when hitchcock released this, i was having some major deja vu because i knew i had heard all that before.

4 Likes

I think I know the reason for this. Apparently Eve (ex.Lycaon) was AvelCain’s ghost writer. When Hitchcock first started they were basically an AvelCain copy band due to Eve writing for them as well (I think I read that somewhere on here or MH). So that would explain the similarities imo. Not trying to sound like a smartass, just info-dumping/fun fact-ing.

3 Likes

i’m aware of this, i just found it kinda funny how straightforward the similarity was :sweat_smile: