THE LAST ROCKSTARS

woo! lol

awww lol

I don’t even think I’ll attempt to watch that interview for fear of the cringe.

I’ve been learning a second language for 10 years and it took me a long time to get to the point where I could respond in realtime and it still depends on the subject matter. So I get that it’s not easy.

But the difference for a singer is having English songs or the ability to grasp basic English is almost a competitive advantage in the world of music. So not even attempting to learn English in the slightest seems really…counterintuitive?

You do make a good point with their being a need to learn a language. I think the success of L’Arc in the late 90’s really allowed him to decide whatever he wanted for the rest of his career and not have to compromise or bow to market demands, like learning English to appeal to western audiences.

lol it wasn’t incredibly deep or anything so, can’t really say your missing out on too much there.

:thinking: you do make a good case here. I kinda think he does have some really basic English knowledge though, just from interviews I’ve seen over time. But, being around Myv and Yoshiki who speak it far more fluently, he may not bother using what he does know, simply just taking advantage of those two.

Can I ask which one? It’s always cool to see other people’s journeys in language learning

1 Like

Imagine peeps who discuss this “band” for real, just like it’s all about music and not for an easy money grab from deaf kids who have never heard any generic pop stuff.
Biggidy biggidy bang bang is the highest point of their creativity mah dudes

2 Likes
  • I’m not as charitable as some people here. That was a really underwhelming concert. I think the absence of bass thing works for Miyavi’s solo project (or worked before he drowned his sound in electro beats), but it seems they’re going for a full band sound and the lack of bass is noticeable in a bad way in many of the performances.

• Sugizo sounded great. Miyavi sounded good. I wasn’t as impressed with the other two.

• As for the TLS songs I would say that Folly and Hallelujah sound the best. Both feel like Sugizo compositions. Here’s The Love is soooooooorta okay at the end. Sounds like something Yoshiki would compose. Will reserve my final judgement on that song until they record it… Assuming they ever record anything else. We’ll see if this is just S.K.I.N 2.0. The other TLS songs stink. Basically HYDE solo filler.

• Of all the Miyavi songs to cover… Bang! Wtf? Same with that X Japan song. You’ve likely got your most loyal long time fans at that show… Go for a classic. Don’t punish them. Reward them. I’d never expect Hyde to be singing Coo quack cluck-ク・ク・ル- or ORGASM, but fuck it would probably rule more than Born To Be Free lol. Fuck that generic ass song.

• I hate that this band is likely formed just for the sake of overseas eyes because goddamn am I tired of hearing HYDE singing in English. It was in a lot if not most of Vamps. It’s basically all his solo shit now. Same shit with MIYAVI’s solo music. It’s gibberish to my ears. I’m okay with sneaking English words or phrases but the entire song? Chill out bros.

6 Likes

hahahahah yeah imagine people liking a thing

2 Likes

It’s German.
One day I’ll go back to learning Japanese.

I agree with you there. As a bass player myself, this band lacks in this department…sadly there seems to be too many bands out there lacking a proper bass player and opting for programmed bass or none at all. Wasn’t Heath rumored to be playing bass at this show. poor guy was practicing his web development coding when he could’ve been rehearsing for these shows.

And overall my expectations were extremely low for this band / concerts that my praise for them just brings them slightly out of that gutter.

If the music was coming from any other musicians we wouldn’t even be talking about it.

I guess whether we’re discussing music, throwing out a few lolz or being leet, isn’t that what we’re here for?

Guys, honest question here:

How did Hammerstein sell out?

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea how those $214 nosebleed balcony seats sold out the first night.

woah… damn… that’s higher than LA’s. The most expensive LA ticket was $120. How much was General Floor?

Ah, don’t really see this language mentioned much; cool. Good luck kwith your learning goals :smile:

Oh that’s cool, how long have you been playing? Is it easier than learning how to play the guitar, or just a different skill set, or focus?

The Heath rumor wasn’t so much a rumor as it was fans just trying to manifest a want into truth. That would had been awesome, though. :thinking: also remember some people mentioning that it would had been too many XJapan players in TLRS, so it was not realistic for it to happen.

Balcony seats aren’t “nosebleeds” in a venue like that, those are the most premium seats. GA tickets were/are sub-$100, it really isn’t that awful

This isn’t the opera, it’s a Japanese rock band, therefore the seats suck, generally no they’re great seats for plays etc

Some people prefer seats, and seats are typically more limited than general floor space. Don’t think the opera or plays typically have standing room

I’m going on the assumption those seats were given to friends and executives, media etc.

Me having the time of my life seeing THE LAST ROCKSTARS.

10 Likes

I’ll be the first to admit that the ballroom isn’t exactly a posh place for opera and shit considering ECW used to have wrestling events there every time they came to New York, but yeah.

1 Like

When the tour was announced I thought for sure they’d play Sony Hall.

I would be shocked if they were not Sugizo - they scream it. I think the best part of the show was the middle, the stuff that featured/was Suigzo-centric; those two songs above and the guitar battle thing. I loved it but, I think they can defiantly do much more than they did. I’d like to see this evolve hugely. (Messiah is also Sugizo which was a little earlier in the show, I really liked it, but Folly and Hallelujah do top it)

It goes in line with the concept; message of what they want to convey and why they went so far as to come together as an actual band , rather than be involved in instances of collaborations, in the first place. People are ignoring this aspect quite heavily.

Not likely, is. Yoshiki and Miyavi have stated as such. They aim to show a Japanese version of the spirit of rock on the international stage Not just as a genre, mind you, but through the mindset, way of life, ect that sort of thing.

I don’t completely agree with you; but I do see validity here. Because of who they are, they can defiantly do more, they have the capacity to do more, deliver more.

I see it as; regardless of their years doing this, this is still a new unit. Plus, they won’t be operating as a “regular band” as they all have their main projects they are active with. So, while I think they can come together and perform well enough, it’s still going to take a few “cycles” before they really find their own groove as TLRS, rather than “Yoshiki/Sugizo/Hyde/Miyavi together”.

It’s not the start a lot of people expected; wanted, but its also only the beginning. Let them have a little time to find their own footing. They definitely have the ability to do so.

PS - love seeing other Kiyoharu fans about; don’t see them around much

huh, LA’s GA Floor was a little more expensive than NY, but your balcony seats are way higher than LA’s. And your balcony is seated, the “VIP Balcony” area is standing only for LA.

not sure who got it better lol

:thinking: anyone here getting tickets for the streaming view?