THE LAST ROCKSTARS

I would sub “the album actually comes out” for “Gackt feature”, but I’m not sure which is more likely.

3 Likes

Gackt feature is infinitely more likely since HYDE is involved.

1 Like

I wonder if yoshiki is as self-produced/self-managed as he tries to convince everybody, because I keep recalling an interview with kyoharu (signed to avex at that time, idk what is current label) who writes songs and the management decides which ones get released under his solo act, which would get recorded with SADS and kuroyume while both were temporarily active again.

X-Japan feat. hyde as an anime promotion tie-in probably sounded better than just hyde x yoshiki from the POV of whoever sealed the deal (even tho do x japan fans even care for anime? l’arc stans obviously do), so I don’t really know what else to say.

2 Likes

By the way, the guitar solo of ’ Red Swan ’ definitely sounds like it was recorded by Sugizo. Maybe it’s really the band X who record the song ?

1 Like

I think Yoshiki is big enough where he gets the final say about everything.
Interesting. I hadn’t heard about that detail regarding Kiyoharu / Kuroyume / Sads during the early 10’s. Considering that Kuroyume went bankrupt or whatever it was, it definitely felt like Kiyoharu was trying to get the most out of the label and hit eject on both kuroyume and Sads.

Sorry for not joining in on all the hate, but the new arrangements of the Laruku songs sound better than the originals

No, these are fanmade.

1 Like

Oops, yeah, sorry. I didn’t read the vid’s description, so yeah, so far, The Last RockStars sounds just like HYDE’s solo carreer.

1 Like

Idgaf, I’m stealing this and using it as reaction images

Istg if there’s a rap chorus im there, I’m out. I’m not gonna hang around for the rest.

Is there anyone who thinks they are badass?

It’s kind of hilarious and embarrassing to call your ultra-mega-extra supergroup THE LAST ROCKSTARS only to have like a minute of actual rock or even just guitarplay in your debut song (which amounts to 2 riffs that are variations of each other and a few seconds of not-even-a-guitar-solo). THE LAST MIDDLE-AGED PIANO POP STARS it is.

Oh, and gotta give a shoutout to the cringe lyrics/rhymes too, it’s the kind of stuff my buddy and I come up with after a few shots of whiskey while we’re fooling around on our instruments. Only we don’t make a press conference and multinational record deal out of it.

21 Likes

As much as I don’t wanna sound like a bitch, this is very much an accurate statement from my point of view

me

The song sounds like a midlife crisis turned into music.

13 Likes

This is coming from Rena, somebody who at least I’ve seen to be open minded af. That’s when u know it’s bad.

1 Like

if this started out as a piano SE and the actual track didn’t have piano parts in it at all, cutting it down to like 2:30, it would be much better

I’m not thrilled about the lyrics (typical Japanese vk/pop lyrics, just sung in English), but I really hope same mastering studio works on the b-side, because that one sounded much better in the preview already… I feel like Sugizo’s biggest contribution here is the background chanting, but he didn’t compose the song so it’s ok

2 Likes

It really really can‘t go in my head that he recruited two of the most talented guitarists which have their own unique signature sounds and produce something that bland. He could have picked two guitarists from the street and you wouldn’t hear a difference…

11 Likes

It’s either you barely hear the guitar or they play really generic riffs, I know music production is hard and time consuming but considering the kind of people they are, I was expecting a lot more tbh (⁠。⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)

1 Like

This song feels so… empty. It’s so bad I can’t believe, 0 creativity.

5 Likes