VanessA one day revival

ex-VANESSA members have started posting this teaser image today. Does this mean a one day revival?

edit: VANESSA will hold their one day revival on 4/30 at Ikebukuro Sugamo.

4 Likes

Ooh I wonder what will it be ! If it’s really a VANESSA revival, I wonder if Koichi will be part of it :eyes: (I doubt it)

2 Likes

I’m 99% of two things:

• 70 is Nao, who was their original bassist up until roughly CHI[MA]IRA. When he left, guitarist Haruki took over compositions and they got a lot less core.
  • Whatever beef Genki and Koichi have isn’t water under the bridge if Genki went as far as to find his original bassist.
4 Likes

This seems so random.Vk is weird. Vanessa had a few good songs.

1 Like

Yeah 70 is nao, its possible koichi just doesnt want anything to do with vk but its propably both

1 Like

Genki is really struggling out there jeez. Shame that he and Koichi had to end up this way.

3 Likes

In my (totally biased and arrogant) opinion, VanessA was better when 70./Nao was main composer and leader instead of Haruki. Stage 1 VanessA aligns with Genki’s new direction better than Stage 2 VanessA, and 70. is in XANVALA now and they play similar music, so they’re on similar wavelengths musically still. If they come back, I totally hope they play “I am Psychopath.”, the entirety of the CHI[MA]IRA single, ユメミガオカ, and maybe their first single. That’s asking for a lot though, but that’s all their good stuff.

4 Likes

What was the beef they had? I never really did anything other than listen to Meji and Vanessa. Never really followed the members themselves.

1 Like

Someone else can fill you in way better than I can. I just know they had a falling out and don’t work together anymore. Koichi went on a whole rant about him not wanting to be visual kei anymore. Genki started several projects without him. I know there’s more to the story but that’s a start.

I still listen to them like once a week… lmao

This is wild even if it’s just a 1-day

2 Likes

ohhh nice, vanessa had some BOPS.

they were on speed-disk too, which is a much bigger deal than forum, and I feel like it could be a fulltime comeback without taking their beef with Misa into account?

Old VanessA was indeed pretty kickass! Hence, I’m all for the old non-Koichi lineup obviously. :sweat_smile:

Gonna be interested to see how this turns out (tho it’ll prolly be just a few gigs I assume).

Heres this for those of you who havent watched it

7 Likes

genki’s realized he has no hope of making music again and is hopefully begging the labelheads to be unblacklisted starting with this revival

3 Likes

Wow. It’s actually the Haruki who was guitarist for Vanessa and Mejibray

Wait haruki is ippu whaaat

1 Like

Yep, exactly

Who is ippu? What happened to Haruki? Connect the dots for me please.

Haruki from vanessa was in mejibray for a brief time in the beginning as ippu

2 Likes

Koichi’s rant about visual kei was “staged”. He asked people from his fan club to give proof that he was visual kei artist, he was in MEJIBRAY etc. He doesn’t hate Vkei or MEJIBRAY. It was his provocation…

1 Like