Visual kei anime, Visual Prison to begin airing in October

Wait, normies still think vampires are a thing in visual kei? Versailles has been disbanded for how long?

Eclipse looks like one of those low-budget goth duos that just got picked up by Starwave.
+1 on OZ looking like Alice 8 1/2 :joy:
LOS†earsEDEN looks accurate to current vk, sad

The CGI being used when the bands perform is super fucking cringe. Why is CGI now a thing in anime? This looks like some Kuroshitsuji bullshit that children are into. But if this could be someone’s gateway to visual kei - then great. :+1: Imma pass.

6 Likes

Ohhh… they’re not even actual bands with instruments, just idol groups.

LAME.

10 Likes

The actual song doesn’t sound VK enough.
Still too much just “heavier” idol like

3 Likes

I think this will be my main reason not to watch it

2 Likes

I really wonder what kind of death touch major japanese producers have over the very few cultural niches that japan knows how to do right because fucking up VK-themed music score in a scene packed with ghost-writing is a new low for an anime studio.

I’m not even gonna bother, like, ruminating that anime of the past had excellent non-vk soundtracks, everything about this is so gutturally horrific

9 Likes

I was curious but did have low expectations for this anime.

But, oh boy, they pretty much killed any crumb of interest with that trailer.

5 Likes

I expected some crazy rock song but well this is a nope for me. xD

1 Like

The Eclipse song in the first trailer actually sounded quite nice but the OZ one from the second trailer is giving me yikes…
Maybe they’ll come up with something better for the Lost Eden one.

I think i’d rather watch Qeddeshet music videos all over again than this

7 Likes

If I saw this without context, I don’t think I’d pick up on it having anything to do with vk. Hopefully the show itself is more than we are expecting

It’s a visual-kei band, Cazqui plays the guitar in Zakuro music, but it’s composed by Shinji (SID) and lyrics by Mao(SID)

you can read more about they here https://jrocknews.com/2021/01/cazqui-sid-fantome-iris-zakuro.html

2 Likes

Somehow SID made sense when hearing the music. With the vampire stuff, doesn’t seem like the right choice of sound though.

2 Likes

This reminds me a lot of Hypnosis Mic. An anime that promised to be about rap groups and battles but was a CG fest of boy bands with a ridiculous plot that took itself too seriously.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Great marketing!!!(sarcastic)
Now I won’t be able to take anything of this serious anymore.
Why from all bands. Why the one parody bands which doesn’t actually play?!?!
What did they thought with that?!?!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

With every piece of news it becomes more like the tokyo olympics

5 Likes

“vampire visual kei anime” four words that i never want to see together ever again

7 Likes

Not going to lie. ill prob watch it just to test the waters and see if its any good. If it sucks it sucks. Overall Its kinda disappointing that the music doesn’t sound too promising. Hopefully we will get to see a sample of the anime soundtrack in the future.

I’m honestly shook they had enough money to hire golden bomber???

I guess the stunning visual king miyavi shouldn’t be ruled out if they’re so hellbent on keeping the bar lower and lower with every new thing coming out about this messy show.

7 Likes

With that money they could have hired 10 shitkei bands and still have enough funds to pay a decent writer

12 Likes