What are you reading?

The Witcher - Lady of the Lake (Andrzej Sapkowski)

1 Like

Scott pilgrim vs the world

1 Like

I have some unread books i brought from germany flying around, also i thought i could reread some of my favorite books.
But it turns out i am mentally to exhausted to read, i can’t even concentrate on audiobooks that that are more than 2 hours.

1 Like

Been reading Seven years of Darkness by You-Jeong Jeong.
It’s a psychology thriller book, also not to difficult to understand and her previous book ‘‘The Good Son’’ was really well written too.

1 Like

Just got these in the mail. The book on the right is the first of a series so hopefully it’s good so I can get the other two. They’re both anthologies of horror folktales (one in the mountains and one regarding the ocean). The one on the left if by Koji Suzuki, the author of Ringu.

5 Likes

Right now I’m into Remarried Empress and Under the Oak Tree.

Forbidden Colors by Yukio Mishima.

1 Like

Just binge read the manga series “Signal 100” today. I’m a big fan of the death game genre, and the fact that death could be unknowingly triggered by almost any action at the beginning was kind of a fresh take on the theme. The way the “don’t put your hand over an erect penis” rule was used was probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in any death game series. Well, outside of Gantz anyway.

It kind of reminded me of the “Battle Royale” manga, except with much less development for the side characters. Like, looking back, you really don’t get to know much about any of them at all, so it doesn’t really leave a particularly strong impression. The male yandere was a fun surprise though.

Lol, the twist at the end about how to clear the game was pretty good too. And a little sad.

Overall, not too bad for a quick rainy day suspense read.

Anything by Kathy Reichs. I just finished Fruits Basket, and started on Utena.

I don’t tend to do a lot of reading as it’s quite time-consuming and generally an effort to not fall asleep.

Right now, I’m about half-way through The Castle of Otranto, the first gothic novel.

2 Likes

been a good minute since i posted but since i said i read Six of Crows which i found very average, i have read the sequel Crooked Kingdom which is a step up in every aspect that you can possibly imagine. Where id probably rate Crows a 6/10, Kingdom gets a solid 8/10 from me. I also got around to reading A Deadly Education which is the first book of a new series called The Scholomance. Pretty neat story so far about teenagers going to a magic school and whatnot should be cool to see where the story goes from here. and most important ive made some progress through The Stormlight Archive series. The Way of Kings was incredible and the sequel Words of Radiance was somehow even better. Just got through book 2.5 of the series, Edgedancer and now we begin book 3 Oathbringer and i cant wait to see what happens cause ive heard so much praise for this specific book in the series.

Just got these in the mail today. I’ve only finished one of the novels I posted earlier so I have a lot of reading to look forward to.

1 Like

Lonely castle in the mirror

Started Millennium’s Rule series by Trudi Canavan and few days ago decided to read One Piece once again. I don’t read many mangas nowadays but i do love that one.

still trying to catch up to the latest chapters of endless amount of otome villainess manga/manwha im following

Recently I fell in love with Liu Cixin’s Remembrance of Earth’s Past trilogy.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a great sci-fi! I was slightly disappointed with the 3rd book, but I still liked the concept that was used there.

1 Like

For educational purposes ‘The Origins of Totalitarian Democracy’ by Jacob Talmon and, complementary, ‘The social contract’ by Rousseau and for private, leisure reading ‘The world of ice and fire’ which includes gorgeous illustrations.

Pro Tools reference guide.