What are your thoughts on Visual Kei TikTok?

It can burn in the depths of hell along with parts of vkei twitter

3 Likes

TikTok is giving all your privacy on your phone away as well. Its one of the most unsafe app to use. They donā€™t care about your privacy or selling off your data.
So for that reason I donā€™t use TikTok.

Butā€¦ its a trending app and people love to use it for any kind of thing. So yes, itā€™s great to promote your fav band on and yes itā€™s great for bands to find new people supporting them.

But trusting anything from TikTok?
Know who you are follow, to know if it can be trusted.

Twitter, instagram, tiktok are simply the best apps to promote vkei.

And yes, there is still vkei fashion. Just not as much as before.
Also bandman switched more into combinate very expensive brands to create their all day outfits.

3 Likes

No only that, I had a friend working in their Beijing officeā€¦and everyday was bragging about how they all shared some company special accounts to check and ā€œenjoyā€ all the private videos in the appā€¦which, according to him, were not just typical videosā€¦and all done in the officesā€¦
All this without taking into account all the censorship and ā€œweirdā€ content. I think its the only sns id always stay away (I had to check it a little in my work, a few years ago before its explosion in the west, and had more than enough :rofl:)

I will say i thoroughly enjoy the content that actual vk artists are putting out on it bc it is top-tier cringe material and i am so here for it whether theyre doing it seriously or not

6 Likes

Had no thoughts until this thread. Checked it out and LMAO 50% of the top viewed videos are malice mizer, 25% buck tick, 25% miyavi oresama clips

wtf lol

2 Likes

TikTok is giving all your privacy on your phone away as well. Its one of the most unsafe app to use. They donā€™t care about your privacy or selling off your data.

Just like any other social media app

3 Likes

Itā€™s fucking hilarious how these 15 year old teen girls are crying that the bandmen are 30-40 years old and are having sex, drinking alcohol, smoking and what not. I swear most of these kids think itā€™s like Kpop but more edgy and metal, but itā€™s really not.

Besides all the made up drama is just ridiculous, theyā€™ll make up some weird story with 0 evidence ofc, just to stir up problems and gain a following.

5 Likes

9 evidence is better than 0 I guess ā€¦

Its like that tiktoker that called out metallica for being problematic

1 Like

i think that was a typo

Of course, I was making a joke! But I donā€™t think the presence or lack of evidence matters when feelings take the wheel, so I agree with the sentiment of the post.

Also, I canā€™t resist a good bilingual pun.

2 Likes

Tiktok is like the boss in it.

2 Likes

Lmao it was a typo, Iā€™m hella sick sorry lol
I fixed it now

can anyone tell me why almost everyone hates vkei tt since im more of a newer fan so man idk

Mana footage to an Eminem song on tiktok is that part that has embedded itself into my brain.

There are several reasons, why ā€œvkei tiktokā€ isnā€™t popular

Tiktok is a place that has surprisingly a lot of missinformation circulating, which surely has partially to do with missing moderation of places like tiktok (same goes for vk twitter).
Besides that, there was some drama with the artist Ai, that started originally on ā€œvkei tiktokā€.

Coming back to Mana dancing to Eminemā€¦ why???
Why not promote the music of the actual artist? Why slap some absolutly unrelated music underneath?

5 Likes

the misinformation is most def true as no one really does research there if ykwim also do you mean the ai nd kj drama? if not then idk what youre talking bout sorry also i hvnt seen the eminem vid but everyone on vkeitt knows abt mana so i doubt its a rly big deal but i do see where youre coming from as mana is popular for his androgynous looks mostly on there and not his work except mm ofc

1 Like

Thereā€™s quite a lot of drama with Ai that has stemmed from tiktok.

4 Likes

can u give me an example?

https://forum.jrockone.com/t/lets-spill-the-tea-vk-rumors-and-gossips/2874/55?u=rena
you can find part of it here
mind you that whole discussion that dragged over to twitter and then to us started on tiktok

2 Likes

tyvm!! i can most definitely see now why vkeitt is such a big deal but oh god wtaf T_T

1 Like