What is happening to koichi (ex. mejibray/8p-sb/trembling bambi)

there is only one way to bum rush a stage and that is with both middle fingers up. LET’S GO!!

1 Like

It doesn’t explain why he isn’t on that VanessA revival though, also the timing of the track is too close to it. Not complaining, love the drama lol

2 Likes

wasn’t Nao the bassist for a way longer period than koichi tho, and the main composer of everything till his departure? Even without the drama, it kinda makes sense

9 Likes

This is entirely correct. VanessA’s golden age was with Nao. They fell off hard after he left. It wasn’t even a slow decline. It was two singles and then a goodbye mini-album because sales were tanking. The switch in direction is not Koichi’s fault - it’s too complex of a topic to assign it to only one individual - but it coincides with him joining up. He played the bass excellently. But he did not lead the band, compose the majority of the music, or even cultivate a style that is uniquely his.

Take this conjecture with the tiniest grain of salt, but if hypothetically I was Genki these are what my options are looking like:

• Continue on with 30 sec. certain victory with RYUTARO and hope you capture lightning in a bottle, but you’re not cornering any of the visual market with that unit.
  • Join back up with Koichi and continue to play 8P-SB songs at Creato for the rest of his musical career, but something tells me he’s feeling restless.
  • Hook up with MiA and Meto, maybe get another bassist if Koichi doesn’t want to return, and revive MEJIBRAY. But I feel like there’s a lot I don’t know which is making this an undesirable option for him. The fact that he went BACK to Genki as his stage name and didn’t stick with Tsuzuku is a clue…
  • Continue with either SpelL or his GENKI TAKEBUCHI solo projects, but to be quite honest both of those haven’t gotten any traction either.
  • Start a new band or solo project, but at this point that’s the definition of insanity.

or…

• Restart VANESSA’s OG lineup.

When I laid it out like that, it’s the best option for him. If his ban on visual kei is starting to expire, then he can come back with that band. It’s his second most well-known band (I completely ignore 8B-SP), it’s visual, and it has 70. from FIXER in the lineup so they’re going to play metalcore. That’s the formula right there! Two of the other three members were retired and one plays support, so there’s not a lot of conflict in terms of other musical priorities. They have 17-18 songs they can play at their disposal and they only have to practice; they don’t have to write anything new! These songs are so old that they’ve practically wrapped around the continuum and are new to a whole new era of fans. If they’re feeling that energy again, it’s entirely possible they restart activities even semi-regularly. Koichi doesn’t have to be involved, Genki has a foot back into the mindshare of visual kei fans (a lot of people know MEJIBRAY but have never listened to VANESSA…and you should!), and he gets good will from fans for doing something he wants to do. Win-win-win.

So yeah, can someone record it? LOL! Or at the very least let us know what they played and how the show was.

15 Likes

Legit, if you love Mejibray, you’re gonna love VannesA. There was a reason why when i use to hate the numetal kei bands, VanessA was my exception. They had that it factor. Whether VanessA comes back, and koichi write more heart breaks songs, or mejibray comes back, and they make amends with koichi, i wouldnt care. Both bands are amazing, but Meji without koichi would be weird, since he’s as popular as nose job.

Dont forget that if you go back to the MH forum, i uploaded their first single for you guys, and praised how amazing it was.

2 Likes

Who wants to be messy and ask about him and koichi’s relationship?

Nevermind, i had to be the messy one.

4 Likes

Two bucks he won’t respond

2 Likes

Doing Kami’s work I see.

2 Likes

Even with the best effort in the world that Japanese makes not one ounce of sense so even if he wanted to respond there’s no way he’d know what you’re asking.

1 Like

So has anyone got an answer from either of them?

Went full nicki minaj on dem bitches yeah baby preach that fuckin’ anthem koichi.