What video games are you playing?

fortnite :kissing_heart: :relieved:

1 Like

Been playing Yakuza like a dragon all morning, and the game is lit! Love the jrpg in it, really digging this. Runs smoothly on PS5 also :smiley:

2 Likes

Doom Eternal, Yakuza 0, Breath of the Wild and Halo 3. All a little at a time :sunglasses:

Red Dead Online is now $5, so I’ve been playing RDR2 in hopes to see more people play that game. Also recently completed dino crisis for like the 30th time… lol

id fan here! GZDoom is for life! I still have nearly a thousand wads waiting for my checking out lol I downloaded a lot years ago. anyway, any opinions on Sigil?
well, I’m also a Musou (Warriors) fan haha. years later I still didn’t really get into Dynasty Warriors 9 that much only kinda enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I love having all the doom games on the switch. Going through Doom 3 myself right now. It’s not my fav in the series but I still find myself coming back to it like once a year.

Also been playing through an indie title called Dandara. It has pretty unique gameplay and some gorgeous pixel art.

2 Likes

good luck on your playthrough of Doom 3, it’s my least fav title among the series, even plus Quake I’d say… yeah, I think Quake 4 is better than Doom 3, I felt sleepy when I tried to go through it about a decade ago lol
oh well, Wolfenstein 3D on 3DO for the win xD
um, for me, Doom on 32X for the win. (not kidding I enjoy it a lot, I like the music)

Thanks! Yeah, it hasn’t aged well. There’s something about the presentation though that I really like. The gameplay might fall a bit short but I think they nailed the atmosphere.

LOL never owned a 3do or 32x but I imagine Doom can’t be bad on those. Hell, thr Ti83 calculator version is probably decent too :joy:

1 Like

I’ve tried that calculator version on an emulator tbh, it’s not bad surprisingly haha.
as for 3DO Doom, well… gameplay 8/10, framerate 0/10, sound effect 9/10, music 10/10, control 7/10. now you know what to blame and, if you can tolerate playing Doom at fps lower than 20, you could try, I can’t :rofl: even Sega Saturn Doom is better than this.

Cyberpunk 2077 and Yakuza: LaD :grin:

Sigil was great. Much tighter, incredibly complex maps. Didn’t really feel like a true E5, as the difficulty was much higher and the overall design decisions were quite different from what Doom 1 offered.
I personally found E5M5 (Abaddon’s Void) pretty confusing the first time. Other than that, not too many issues.

@araxzijk Re: Quake series: I always found it disappointing that the Lovecraftian aspects were dropped after the first game. Quake 2 was good but so different that it shouldn’t have been called ‘Quake’. Quake 3 was fun… just another arena shooter, though. Quake 4 was creatively bankrupt, with a tedious corridor narrative and an enemy design aesthetic (flesh & metal) that was interchangeable with Doom 3. Quake Champions… another arena shooter, and I just don’t care.
I’ve since learned (only in the last few years) that Quake has always had strong multiplayer leanings. For me, it’s all about the single player, so the deathmatch style games don’t interest me that much.

1 Like

@NowhereGirl thanks for the reply. I also think that Sigil is not really like Doom 1, it should be another expansion pack like Master Levels. the gameplay is very solid but some parts are weird and yes, confusing. I’m not a fan of the tricky parts full of teleporter puzzles or nearly pixel-perfectly dodge the crushers haha. but the soundtracks are saviors, both midi and Buckethead version are fantastic.

as for Quake series, I do have a strong nostalgia of Quake 2 on PS1, I also like Quake 64, not kidding. for original PC ones, mine should be Quake 3>Quake 1>Quake 2>Quake 4. ever tried multiplayer game on Quake 4, but it’s not fun, I’d rather play Unreal Tournament 2 or even 1. well, I still played some Quakeworld sometime around 5 years ago, love the super fast paced arena shooter, that’s why I enjoy Quake 3 the most. nowadays, I’ll choose something like Dusk, Amid Evil, Immortal Rednectk, Ziggurat, Xonotic, Red Eclipse, Screencheat, Nexuiz, Rexuiz, Cube 2 Sauerbraten, twitch shooters like those that I could play nearly forever (also because some of them are roguelite). mmm, I’ll also choose play with bots because of the super bad network in China sigh they’re like agility practice for me in case I won’t forget how to work rapidly I guess? lol my life is full of twitchy twitchy stuffs :rofl:

I’m currently jumping from games to games. Been into Immortal Fenyx Rising this weekend, went back a bit into Demon’s Souls even though I’m in NG+. I’m a die hard fan of the souls game, and bought most of the clones that exists.

I’m into chapter 5 in Yakuza : like a dragon, I just changed jobs for the first time.

All I want is to be February 19th so I can play Persona 5 : Strikers (buying the deluxe next month).
I watched a bit of gameplay and it looks like more fun that I actually thought it would be. I’m not looking much into it since I don’t want to get spoiled or anything. So, all aboard the HYPE TRAINNNN :smiley:

World of Warcraft - Horde/Ragnaros Latam realm :3

how about some single player card games?
https://pysolfc.sourceforge.io/
PYSOL IS AT YOUR SERVICE.

I am currently looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, and have been going back through the Half Life series again…I really forget how much fun it was. Other than that I mostly play Fate Grand Order, or at least the only thing consistently lol. I wish there was a new Bloodborne.

2 Likes

Witcher 2 recently.
And I’m thinking about playing Gothic 1 for 10001 time.

1 Like

currently playing aaside!
it’s a male version of bang dream girl’s band party with more storage space to use lmao.
i love fantôme iris so much so i downloaded it even though my phone only has 32GB internal storage.

i’ve been playing love 365: find your story for ±4 years, too. it’s an otome game.

2 Likes

NieR: Automata

3 Likes