Where in The World is Yoshiki?

give us madame Tussauds, grande piano king!!!

4 Likes

To answer the question “did you watch it?”
No

4 Likes

I’m so entertained by this thread because you really never know what he’s gonna do next lol

Collaborating with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and then being at a Parisian luxury brand’s show??? How did we even get here??

15 Likes

miyavi did a runway walk in paris not so long ago too, I actually think it’s yoshiki who gets those washed out VK acts the opportunity to happen for a nano-second in the west.

I actually think visual artists venturing out into western modeling is a good thing, as long as they don’t bring white bullshit back with them.

6 Likes

Yeah, I actually don’t have a problem with it at all tbh. But going from a KPP collab to playing at a high-end fashion show is so… random and unexpected and such a big jump from one thing to the other? It’s just funny to me lol. Like you really don’t know what to expect from this guy next, I love it. He keeps us on our toes

2 Likes

Truth, Yoshiki is so fun to follow. At this point, the only thing that would be jaw-dropping from him would be releasing the X album

7 Likes

i am fucking crying over these tags, this is so random

2 Likes

oh he is a queen of random, and I think KPP is on her own label now, so she probably paid him for promoting her a lil bit.

next time we’ll see him he’ll be livestreaming eating fxxkin spicy curry chips waiting for the pope in vatican to bless the XJapan album vinyl, or whatever.

7 Likes

When Sugizo wished him a happy birthday today he said let’s stand on the stage again next year, but not getting my hopes up, also he teased something coming soon but he said the album was coming soon a million times at this point so :man_shrugging:

He’ll be on stage…performing poetry and drinking his wine while kanye west beatboxes behind him

13 Likes

Fuck man, he even showed up in my university reading on gender queerness in Japan

12 Likes

they don’t call him “scarf lady” for nothing

11 Likes

Found a Yoshiki meme on twitter

19 Likes

Honestly, the funniest part of that meme is the inclusion of AIOLIN. Like, there’s LUNA SEA, the GazettE, MIYAVI, DIR EN GREY, KAMIJO and…AIOLIN?

I mean, they lasted, what, 2~3 years?

8 Likes

One of the first tattos I got was an X logo on my left arm and a MUCC logo on my right arm. I have shown the MUCC tattoo to the band as I have met them many times but I did not show Yoshiki the X tattoo when I met him when he promoted his We are X documentary. ^_^;

X must be the one of the very first bands that got me into Japanese music… around 2000… man, time flies! Good times.

5 Likes

Also, Malice Mizer. They stopped activities like 20 years ago. But thanks for releasing albums on time, I guess.

2 Likes

Holy shit it just occurred to me that this is actually kind of plausible, with their mutual connection to Marilyn Manson.

“Jail Pt. 3 w/ Violet UK (feat. SUGIZO)” when???

1 Like

This is not recent (I think it’s from 2018/2019-ish), but these pictures pretty much sums up this whole thread in one picture.

Yoshiki with Marilyn Manson, Jonathan Davis, Titanic Sinclair (eww), Poppy and Ellen Von Unwerth

A year or two later with Poppy, Ghostemane, Marilyn Manson and Lindsay Usich

9 Likes

how the fuck did ghostmane get here??? lmfao

3 Likes

He’s Poppy’s boyfriend and Titanic Sinclair is her ex, so she…knows him… for some reason (like everyone else)

2 Likes