Which disbandment/hiatus hit you the hardest?

Screw. I really liked them back in the day. It was so hard to me that I know the full disbandment date: 1/11/2016.

Pentagon. I listen to some of their stuff, but they put some boring music in their last releases. At least their last single was pretty decent.

Dadaroma. The most painful one.

I wonder what will happen when more of my (our) favorite bands, mainly the bigger ones, disband.

10 Likes

I really miss girugamesh, UnsraW, EAT YOU ALIVE and D’espairsRay. Also DEATHGAZE but DARRELL is pretty much the same thing and DEATHGAZE’s last album was horrible.

Yuki pops up from time to time but nothing has ever been permanent. Hizumi started something that idk if its still active but wasn’t very good. Satoshi completely disappeared from the music scene? So that sucks.

But one that I really miss the most and hurt as they were getting good is definitely Lustknot. Specially for the reason they disbanded. I really hope that dude is doing better.

5 Likes

-OZ-, DELUHI, Deathgaze, Vidoll, Lustknot., アンド, Cocklobin, xTRiPx…
and -OZ- + DELUHI hit me the most I even looped their tracks for a week. I’d never been so emotional before.

3 Likes

Kagrra, and Deluhi probably comes to mind first.

7 Likes

I only recently learned that Mamireta disbanded. How bad was it?

1 Like

yeah, ゾディア… and I don’t think Ultimate Sonic is better. Yuu took a wrong step in my opinion, but it was his choice.

1 Like

Luzmelt because this was my first fav band ;w; When i read their ameba entry entitled 「Luzmeltより大切なお知らせ」my eyes were full of tears especielly when they saw the word 解散… I still remember i cried for several weeks after ^^; Strange thing was that the night before i could not sleep because of a sad feeling which had no reason. As if my subconscious was preparing for the announce O_O This was the disband which hurt me the most.

Some years after i was hurt by MALISEND disband but i was expecting this and as disband became a common thing i was not as affected as for my first fav band.

2 Likes

karu was crying, completely drunk, saying he didnt want to leave them (“who wants us to disband?” no one says yes except batsu lmao), batsu lost his shit multiple times at both the audience and the band and stormed offstage, karu smashed his head and threw his instrument, ryusei tried to keep it together but ended up getting angry too, sato was bewildered, it was a complete train wreck from start to finish.

8 Likes

The more I read about Mamireta’s disband the messier it gets.

3 Likes

Nazare really killed me, it was the last of its kind after retsu ruined dimlim

4 Likes

Holy shit. This was during a live? Where did the information about the live come from? This sounds really messy.

1 Like

Sadie and D.I.D. Both bands got me through a very difficult time in my life. Especially D.I.D.

4 Likes

Oh man, GHOST hit me hard back then! I’m still following Kousei and I really enjoy following his daily adventures with his son lol

3 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

i went to it, thought it would be fun! it was…well, it was not. it wasn’t even funny, just deeply uncomfortable and sad.

1 Like

DAMY disbanded in 2019, I’ve heard of them on Instagram. Their music video 「ままごと」sounded so different to me and it’s one of my favorite music videos. I was a newcomer but 2 years ago late. They’re no longer a band which it makes me depressed that their albums and singles sounded so differently than other VK bands.

1 Like

The studs. I loved their music so much.

Also, Black:List

1 Like

RENTRER EN SOI. A manly tear was shed the day they disbanded. Based on what I’ve heard from rumors, things were messy behind the scenes and the group have never come back together to perform for even one day.

Black:List was similarly as messy. They hit the ground running but apparently by the end the band members couldn’t stand each other and disbanded a little over a year after they started. I thought getting Kyotaro from THE EIGHT was a neat pickup, but it didn’t last. MELANCHOLY was a bop as was DESPERATE. What really sucked was this was Kyotaro’s last band for quite a while and I haven’t been able to keep up with him at all :expressionless:

D’espairsRay, even though by the end they were running on fumes, was really hard on me. Felt like they quit because they were forced to instead of quitting because they were done. I’m really hoping for a reunion, especially because most of the members are still active in music, but that’s looking more and more unlikely. At least I have NUL. to tide me over.

5 Likes

Miyavi leaving VK
D.I.D.
DELUHI
Morrigan
Mamireta
DIMLIM leaving VK

8 Likes

A lot. But DELUHI, Girugamesh and -OZ- (in no particular order) are the hardest one to accept just because I follow them since debut.

1 Like