Which disbandment/hiatus hit you the hardest?

Well that sucks.

It was somehow a shock yes!~ o(>o<)o

The reason is well… I put on my :fu: it’s somehow understandable but…
well if you wish to know the reason check kayu’s instagram no more words need.

But

DEVIZE and MERRY BADEND killed me… both bands made such great sound.

I really was one of the biggest overseas calmando qual supporters, but their disbandment didn’t hit me that hard. I don’t know why… I didn’t like it, but it didn’t hit me hard.

1 Like

rentrer en soi, d’espairsray, vidoll (moreso yukine/hide departure tho), kagrra, metis gretel, sugar, rands

5 Likes

Till now the hardest ones was DespairsRay and the studs for me.

Despairsray was with me during a lot of dark hours of my life. So it hurt “loosing” them. Tbh for a long time i couldn’t listen their music without tearing up. I never got into angelo or the micro head something. I tried it at times but somehow nothing really ever got me.

Offically the studs are on hiatus or paused, i think. But lets face the truth, they will never come back again. And even if aie would try it, it wouldn’t be the same without daisuke.
Most people here probably prefer deadman or kagerou, but they was a group i really loved.

4 Likes

most of the bands I like were already disbanded when I got into them since im mostly an old school fan, but some of the bands that disbanded while I was currently following them and looking forward to new stuff from id say it would have to be lycaon and avelcain I really liked those two alot and felt very sad when they broke up.

3 Likes

Man that really sucks to hear…I didn’t keep up with them much after their last album and figured corona put the nail in, wish it could’ve at least ended peacefully.

yeah, it’s a real shame. management seemed like absolute fucksticks too. the live ended sweetly so I have hope that in the future even if things can’t be harmonious as such, that lthey can be like, not hostile.

3 Likes

Ok, so Kayu is basically in the Hell’s Angels now? Wow this is some fucked up shit. (Because we have those in Quebec here, and they are quite intense)

DELUHI, Sadie and more recently, DADAROMA.

Also Signal. Their last live was literally two days before I came to Japan and I’ve been searching for their last single Crossing fate ever since - and have yet to see a single copy anywhere.

6 Likes

tbh, most of the bands I liked disbanded when they were turning to bland shit or right before they jumped the shark, so I don’t feel so bad about it… however there were some disbands that did make me sad. First would be Kagerou. When I heard that Daisuke was dead I was pretty shocked .___. Chances of them ever reviving are low (it wouldn’t be the same without Daisuke).

Grieva also disappointed me. They started out as a cheap Dir en grey clone, but slowly evolved into their own brand of Kote mixed with newer VK. I felt they still had a lot of unused potential when they split. Gossip on the other hand are continuing as NICOLAS at least.

La’Mule calling it quits for real was also sad. And it seems both CELL and Nightingeil are in limbo, despite the latter having revived a while ago…

3 Likes

Yeah, but the Yakuza doesn’t have any big power anymore in Japan. They are powerless nowadays. So it’s just a harmless motorclub right now.

2 Likes

Ah okay. I was just shocked because here in Quebec, the Hell’s Angels are actually big, and they are quite dangerous. My friend told me that members from the US are actually afraid of those in Quebec because they are hardcore. So I thought it was a thing in Japan. Thanks for the info, we always learn everyday :slight_smile:

Eins:Vier and Rouage for sure. Eins:Vier are back, but it’s not the same as if they’d had continued their career from the 90’s into the 00’s. Rouage did SPV but definitely not the same…

1 Like

The Yakuza totally lost it’s power the last years, because of new Japanese laws. two ex-BOSS yakuzas are even given the death penalty… (yes it still does exist in Japan) .
Which also shows that there is just 0 power left.

Of course there is still Japanese Yakuza around, but the Japanese Yakuza can’t just do much lawbreaking stuff. without getting high punishments by the Japanese law. So they are more back to the basics; Just doing good stuff for the poor.

Also, it’s said that the Chinese Maffia is leading now.

2 Likes

An Cafe
Mamireta
ViViD

3 Likes

D’espairsRay, I’ve been planning attending a concert in Japan for many years and then they disbanded

3 Likes

Came here thinking of Shounenki … totally agreed. It’s not that I don’t like Amai Bouryoku but it hits too different to compare. Secondly, Nightmare hit me hard because they’ve always been my favorite and I had just gone back to VK, and thought they would not come back because… Yomi, man. But then. They did. Third, SCREW. Wasn’t a fan at their prime and when I finally got into them, they disbanded.

Kinda miss Moran, AnCafe, ViViD, DIV, UnsraW, Kagrra, and abs.

7 Likes

Pentagon, i was really obsessed with them in 2016, i would watch their PV’s and such for comfort.

1 Like

NEGA. :frowning:

5 Likes

DAMY and Mamireta.

4 Likes