X JAPAN's HEATH passed away at age 55

X JAPAN bass player HEATH has passed away, PostSeven has learned, aged 55. According to those involved, it was too sudden.

‘Due to a misfortune in his family, he made a hasty return to Japan on his own decision.’

X JAPAN leader YOSHIKI wrote on SNS on 3 November with a photo of himself in mourning clothes. He had cancelled all of his plans, including an honourary award ceremony in the US, to return to Japan on an emergency basis. He went to a facility in Shinjuku, Tokyo.

A friend of HEATH’s revealed: 'Since the beginning of this year, HEATH had been in poor health for days on end. So he went to see a doctor and was found to have cancer. It was quite advanced by then and unfortunately, he did not return home by late October, only a short time after the cancer was discovered. It was so sudden that he did not even have time to inform his band members that he had cancer or even that he was fighting the disease."

28 Likes

May he rest in peace. This year is too much for Japanese rock legends.

25 Likes

WTF is going on in this world?

Rest in peace legend
Glad i could watch him live in 2011

4 Likes

I think YOSHIKI just didn’t want to spread the news himself but waited for an official announcement from HEATH’s family.

9 Likes

Gosh, this year is so nuts with J-rock legends
Rest in peace :rose:

1 Like

Rest in peace HEATH

6 Likes

Personally i am not really affected by the recents death, none the less, i can understand the schock thou, because even i felt that and 55 is not an age to die.

May he rest in peace, and i hope his family and friends will stay fine.

Cant believe i am defending Yoshiki, but his tweet could be sheduled or done by a manager. There is a chance that he isnt always able to cancel any tweet however he likes to.

I want to say this also once here, if anybody needs any help processing the recent events, please try and seek help.
None of the japanese artists that died recently, wants to see any of their fans follow them because they have trouble dealing with the grief they feel.

And if anyone needs someone to talk in my private, my DMs are always open for anyone.

22 Likes

Damn, R.I.P. bassman… Another legend status musician gone.

4 Likes

This year is terrible… damn … Rest in Peace

3 Likes

Unbelievable…. May he rest in peace. Another legend gone too soon

2 Likes

RIP Heath. X Japan aside, he was in a lot of cool bands.

Yoshiki actually missed an award ceremony in San Francisco when he flew back to Japan on November 2. He mentioned someone close to him had passed. I just couldn’t have imagined it was Heath.

19 Likes

Wow… this is shocking, what a rough year huh😞
Rest in peace Heath :black_heart:

2 Likes

WTF…WTF…WTF???
2023 can’t end soon enough!
RIP Heath :cry:

5 Likes

incredibly sad.

5 Likes

This year…
Rest in peace.

3 Likes

This is absolutely tragic. I had a bad feeling when I saw the reports about Yoshiki hurriedly returning to Japan. He had later tweeted that someone close to him passed away but nothing else came out about that until now so for a time I also didn’t think it was anything like this. Just stunned right now. RIP HEATH

1 Like

What the fuck is going on?! This is just too sad…

RIP Heath.

9 Likes

Gosh, how devastating. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

Absolutely awful year for the scene. So many oldtimers passing away

Rest in peace, Heath

4 Likes

rest in peace…

2 Likes