YOSHIKI

short answer: nah

long one: nope

5 Likes

Where’s the thick makeup? Where’s the looking cool?
I’ve seen him in thick makeup and cool clothes, and this isn’t it. Leave him alone

You should see the comments on yahoo Japan, thousands of comments of pure hatred. I got surprised myself by the scale of this, how big it got.
People (fans) are demandig an official apology.

1 Like

I think this is more on the line of “my best friend died today </3 selfie” and linking a news article about himself is a bad look, but in this context, I don’t think Yoshiki meant to do anything wrong
it just looks real bad considering what actually happened.

Nonetheless, it’s kinda frustrating that the attention is on this dude yet again when he isn’t the one who died lol.

5 Likes

So y’all hate on him for not being sincere with atsushi but now when he is sincere it’s bc he’s dressed well to pay his respects?

Im just sharing information. Thousands of people were going nuts yesterday on Yahoo JP, with tens of thousands of likes in total for comments regarding his “lack of respect”. You can think that the japanese public, the big masses, had opinions on Yoshiki yesterday. Suji also summed it up well.

4 Likes

I think y’all just nitpick everything he does bc y’all wanna hate him for no reason

it’s a simple announcement of a formal event cancellation on his part, which got blown up by the bitter x-j stans once they realized he didn’t even acknowledge what exactly has happened;

I’m not sure he was supposed to share that kind of information at all, considering there might have been family or label request not to do so. I wonder if same bitter people will drop supporting his own solo thing now in the light of what happened?

is he going to audition for the next x-jpn bassist on a talent show now?

will we ever see the final X album? (are AI hide back-vocals going to be the highlight?)

I hope our yaoi prince is drinking enough chilled glacier water and stays healthy

3 Likes

The next X member contest 2024 ? :rofl:

Looks a little tasteless. For these type of situations, if you still feel that you need to post it in social media, a pic of a text sharing the info that cant attend something due to %, looks much better. Dont need the “see how sad I am” selfie.
With all the people he must have around, dont know how come he always ends up choosing the worst option for these things.
Dont really think he did it on purpose, but always end up looking like the focus is on the wrong person.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree thats kind of why it is/became a controversy.

a bit too soon! 2034 sounds good enough

Really great insight going on here, making huge advancements in the field of “weird nitpicking of behavior from someone who’s just lost a long-time friend.” Keep it up!

3 Likes

Yoshiki will milk on Heath’s death just like he did with Hide and Taiji, but i doubt the album will be ever released

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/MnetMAMA/status/1722088779329261901

Yoshiki’s performing at the MAMA Awards
good for him

4 Likes

Well

https://twitter.com/mk_666_k/status/1722026731702219106?t=a6eYeOg0tQdapVxshhm_fw&s=19

this is getting exhausting tbh

wouldn’t say I hate him I’m just disappointed, I’m a huge x Japan and hide fan, but after hide’s death he took his guitar instead of giving it to the family, I sometimes feels like his profiting off it (like using it for promo), he promise x Japan releases, like, the album been promised to release soon the past 10 years, instead he creates the idol group xy and the rock group the last rock stars (for what purpose really, lame ass name), but it was doing Acchans passing he really let me down, they were literally friends but yoshiki just mentioned it briefly and then went on to promote his show its tasteless

Were they, though? I feel like I’ve heard that statement a lot more often/strongly from ‘western’ discourse than I have Japanese ones.

As far as I was aware, it was more like Sakurai (and Imai, as mentioned) were friends with hide than with Yoshiki. I figure that’s why Yoshiki opted for the word “acquaintance (çŸ„ă‚Šćˆă„)” and talked about their times drinking with hide moreso than with him in the one tweet – possibly figuring that enough people with long memories (in the J-sphere at least) might have considered contesting if he started in with too bold a claim.

There have long been stories of Sakurai being apologetic over Yoshiki’s behavior when they’d be out drinking (Yoshiki was infamous in his younger years for starting bar fights and otherwise being hyper-belligerent when drunk, to the point of getting banned from multiple establishments, mind). With that in mind, and given Sakurai’s growing up with a violent alcoholic father and apparent dislike of pushy people/those who pressure others, I’d easily believe his interactions with Yoshiki tended more along the lines of the obligatory, given Y’s status in the industry/scene or possibly for the sake of hide, whom everyone seems to agree the band (as in the B-T members) got along well with.

Wouldn’t even be the only case where someone liked hide (or another X member), but only involved themselves with Yoshiki as much as they felt they had to – Kiyoharu was very much this way up until the mid-late 2010s.

7 Likes

obviously I don’t know what kind of relationship they had, I see I forgot to put “I thought they were literally friends” my bad, but no matter what he did make a comment about it and went on to promote his show,
however there’s still the other things where I felt he’d disappointed also this is my own personal opinion